Larry, I don't have time to write a huge response as to what MY feelings are on who is an "established member" on the forum. First off though, I don't care if you or anyone else is a picker, that has nothing to do with my statement above and it seems to be what you are basing your response on. Again these are my personal thoughts/feelings as to who an "established member" is, but mainly it's someone who actually contributes to this forum in many of the ways you mention above, beyond only asking what something is worth. Since this hobby has become as big as it is, the forum has had a fair share of new "members" that are only here for one thing, values. Most of the veterans or anyone who has been on here long enough are quickly able to figure these people out, and then they complain that no one is answering their repeated *value* questions anymore and they disappear. They have no interest in contributing to this forum, just in getting free appraisals. As I've stated, I generally avoid the value section of the forum for this reason, and for the fact that I'm well out of the loop on values anymore as I don't actively attend auctions or shows. I am a collector interested in the historical aspect of these items, not the value, and that again is a personal thing. I have absolutely no problem sharing my knowledge with someone who I personally feel is in the hobby for the right reasons, at least in my eyes. And that again, there's a trend here, is a personal choice I will make based on what I've seen on here from a particular member. Lets all see how much tinman88 contributes in the future on Old Gas and hopefully I'll be proven wrong.
Darin

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!