So now that its getting nice weather wise here in Ottawa, I am slowly getting back at the pump. I was hoping to get a lot of the little things done over the winter, but mostly just accomplished cleaning up the computer a bit.....which ended up sitting on the floor beside my workbench in the basement.
I've been preoccupied helping an elderly family member sell off some stuff (picking and selling has been something I have done as a side hobby for a couple years, so I was happy to help) which has tied me up more than expected this winter. Needless to say, it is exciting to get back at the pump. My goal is to finish the restoration this summer!

To get the gears going, I decided to start with the ad glass. I love the ad glass in my pump. Not only are mine rare but I think they're super fun and unique. They're definitely weathered which I enjoy. I have been on the hunt for replacements as I had concerns these had a crack, but I have only seen them come available twice in the last 6 or 7 years - both auctions that had ended long before I found them. The rubber from the seals was also a problem because there was a clear residue left. Cleaning them up has helped considerably, but left a bit of a stain unfortunately. The glass itself isn't really chipped or beaten up which is very encouraging. There is paint loss but I am going to leave it as is. The shine is still there when I polish them so no complaints!

20210401_111524.jpg20210401_111531.jpg20210401_113945.jpg