Two more things from me....

If the light socket has the 90° connection at the base, I DO re-use the metal base. I just put a new porcelain socket on that metal base (taken from a brand new straight one out of the box). That way your wiring in the socket is all sound and brand new (it’s not difficult at all). I do this with a lot of the straight sockets too. And if your trying to get the old porcelain part off with pliers, etc and it breaks, it’s no big deal, you just need to re-use the metal base is all.

The other thing I was going to say is since you are restoring a short electric pump, I assume you’re putting a globe on it.... A lot of guys, including myself, put a short piece of 1/2” conduit nipple extension, raising the lightbulb and socket into the globe a little higher. When you raise it slightly, the bulb lighting the globe isn’t down in the pump, it’s up higher, thus illuminating the globe better. I usually use a 4”, 5” or 6” extension depending on the model of pump and how far down the bulb was originally.

Hope some of that makes sense to you.
-Steve

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)