I’m in process of restoring my first visible pump/first gas pump and thinking of displaying in living room on a second floor apartment for awhile.
Question for the veterans.
Does anyone have ideas or pictures of a mounting bracket used to attach a visible pump handle in place of actual fuel mechanical pump itself. Either it was missing or in my case want to remove some weight out of the overall pump for transport.
Secondly, if displaying visible inside space, want to reduce chance of any gas/grease having my space smell like a garage.
All the other gas pump bits have been stripped, de-rusted, cleaned and painted or rare metal has been sealed.

So my thought was having a bracket fab’d that had some back/forth movement with stiff springs on either side so the pump handle could be moved forward/aft a small amount simulating someone working the mechanical fuel pump to fill the glass cylinder. Friends/family or anyone visiting that wants to know how these old pumps worked could rock the pump handle..

Yes, could strip/clean/seal/paint the old heavy mechanical pump and could carry the boat anchor up and down the stairs to move the entire gas pump, but not sure I want to mess with all that at this stage as it won’t ever hold gasoline or liquid. Again, less weight the better.

Constructive thoughts or bracket ideas would be welcome by this great community.