That’s a great story, Yellow57. A tale like that makes the attachment to a collectible that much more special.

Well, for me, ever since I got into the hobby I’ve had a strong interest in petroliana from around the world. We all consider ourselves Americans (or at least the majority of us on this forum), and our interest seems to center around that pride and those memories...but we all have roots from many ends of the earth. Since I was a kid, I always found myself interested in the languages/writing/culture and money from outside our borders, something I trace back to a grandmother who gave me coins and paper money from her travels across our many continents (a globetrotter of sorts). That interest bled over into the gas/oil world as I got older and became more and more interested in everything to do with cars. Naturally, my first sign came from abroad and was a 1950s tin tacker from Germany displaying the skater girl of Tidewater Associated Oil Co (Veedol brand, specifically). I have my reasons for my interest in this company (though I’ve more than likely wrote too much and bored enough up to this point) but those are stories for another day. I’ve had a few opportunities to purchase one in better condition, but something about this one has always been special to me and I hope to never have to part with it.

73CBF5A8-07A7-46C7-900F-D2F6DD605013.jpeg

Looking for Michelin items + NJ oil company related items (Mohawk, Guardian, Whiz, etc) + animal-related petroliana + Gargoyle/Shell/Sinclair items