Hi Steve,
From what i have been led to understand, They are called Sunburst plates and from what i have gathered, the Wayne 60's came out with them over the front of a frosted glass plate, They were then often removed and replaced with the Gas company brand name glass plate, and the sunburst plate left off, i've got 3 WB Wayne 60's 2 with old resto's and 1 unrestored, The restored ones both have Gas brand names and no Sunbuurst plates and the unrestored has the plates ???

Regards, larry