Originally Posted By: jbrooks
I used to love checking oldgas several times a day and I tried many times to be a positive presence on here but most times I felt shunned or ignored because I was a new guy and apparently even worse I live in NJ. I remember a few members saying everyone from NY was evil

Thats EXACTLY my point!

You can NOT discriminate against the new guys because they do it for a living OR pickers because they make money selling signs and continue to have a positive venue for discussion! I have watched this happen for almost 10 years now after it happened to me!
Then to see how badly redhotrelics was wrongfully treated for inflated prices YET his signs are selling like hot cakes setting the new retail standards!!!
I have pointed out the FAKE usernames, Nothing changed!
Pointed out MEMBERS buying signs from india and selling as originals, Nothing changed still members!
I have pointed out ebay, craigslist scammers and put my own neck on the line with people selling repo's as originals and had my family threated BUT yet that guy is still a member!
I have SHOUTED from the mountain tops how OLDGAS.COM is the greatest website on the planet for 9+ years!
I honestly used to invite everyone to join BUT refrain from doing so because they get beat up being the new guy!
I am in NO WAY saying facebook is better than oldgas! However I am saying if you buy/sell signs and enjoy seing new discoveries every day then facebook should be added to your endeavors....Thats All!!!!!
Roll with the changes oldgas and STOP picking on the new guys OR there will be NOTHING but OLD grumpy men sitting on here wondering what happened...
I have done my best to give my honest advice, post 1000's of pictures, perpetuate some of the largest or THE largest donations to oldgas! I have worn my oldgas t shirt and hoodies to every show and placed some of the rarest signs in people's collections ALL while taking pride in doing so..I have NEVER had a bad transaction and ALWAYS offered a 100% money back guarantee!
Noone said anything about NOT liking this site wes/jim!!! So telling me to leave IF I dont like it is a cop out...Thats an understood scenario! I will leave IF I dont like it just like all the others that have left...
I have the utmost respect for Jim and oldgas.com or I wouldn't even be wasting my breath right now trying to help! Period!

As for repo's on facebook? NOT ALLOWED WHATSOEVER!!!!!
unlike oldgas where they are fine as long as they are marked or sold as such?