Travis,

I was in charge of purchasing and installing stained glass windows in our church a few years back. Since they were put inside of the existing windows we had them made to fit those openings and used narrow aluminum extrusions to make a framed lip for the stained glass to mount on. That way they looked like they were the actual window from the inside but still could be removed to get to the insulated glass original windows behind them if need be. If you build your new windows slightly larger than these pieces you could do the same thing and just frame a ledge or lip inside the casing to accept the stained glass frames. That would look more like they were actually the finished window rather than just hanging them as you could trim right to the edge of them. They would look great at the tops of other windows that width in a room with a tall ceiling.

Happy birthday yesterday, mine is today! I have a good friend who's bd is the 8th and we were born only twelve hours apart in 1954. Only one year to go for me before the big 60! ....Gary