Now I will highlight the world of Lubrite cans!
Lubrite Refining Co. of St. Louis, Missouri was a midwest marketer acquired by Vacuum Oil Company in 1929, just previous to the Socony-Vacuum merger. Mobil continued to use the Lubrite name as a motor oil brand clear into the 1970's. The very generic silver and blue composite cans of the 70's don't hold a candle in looks to these older Pegasus cans I might add!

First off we will start with the blue quart cans. On the lower left is the dark blue version of the Lubrite quart, the lighter blue version of the same design is the second from the right. As a crazy Mobil collector I consider them two versions of the can as you also see this color variation in 5 quarts as well, so to me it's a distinct difference and is not caused by fading or sun damage.

Here are 3 different blue Lubrite 2 gallon cans.....

Next up are the white Lubrite cans. Except for the generic can on the left, the other three are pretty hard to find cans from subsidiary marketers Socony, Magnolia, and Standard. These three are tough to find in nice condition. (sorry for the red color to the pic, the camera is acting up)

And last we have two of the more scarce 2 gallon cans, the white Socony Lubrite and an older Metro branded can in the same design as the Metro globe. You quite frequently see the later version Metro 2 gallons, but this old one rarely comes up for sale.

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!