Click here for Collectible Motor Oil Can auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
OP Offline
K
New to this group. I'll start by saying I own an antique store. I come across many items which I can normally find out information on my own regarding pricing, interest, etc. We received something today that I'm not sure what to do with. Kinda hard to put a value on it. It's a large book (measures 16.5" x 14") that contains 113 prints by Toni Frissell. The book is a present to William Whiteford (Gulf Oil). The letter inside that was sent with the book is dated April 29th, 1963. I attached 4 photos (hopefully correctly) to kinda of give you an idea of what the book looks like and the actual letter that was sent along with it.

Hopefully I did this right and within the rules. Any input or guidance would be appreciated! Thank you!

Ray

IMG_3190.JPG IMG_3191.JPG IMG_3205.JPG IMG_3204.JPG
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Hi Ray
I think this would be more up the alley of a Gulf Oil collector. Definitely a niche item! I know there is a member or two of the Gulf Oil Historical Society on this site, or you might try their Facebook page Gulf Oil Historical Society (GOHS).

Alan
Collecting MN and Minneapolis gas and oil related items
K
OP Offline
K
Thank you so much for the information! Much appreciated! I'm going to reach out to that group and see if I can get some information!

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Perhaps there are also collectors who would be interested in this limited edition work by the photographer, Toni Frissell. It turns out she was something of an acclaimed photographer. John

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toni_Frissell

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved