Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#791741 Fri May 26 2023 10:58 AM
N
OP Offline
N
O.K. I am a newbie to collecting the ECO 98 Tireflator, so please be nice in responding to my dumb questions.

I recently purchased the ECO 98 in the attached photos. It appears that someone at least started to do a restoration on the unit and then stopped. I am in the process of having the housing, post and pedestal base painted so I thought I would check out the meter in the meantime.

Here is where the dumb questions come in.

Is the small hole in the bottom where the air supply line hooks into the meter?
In the ECO 98, how is the air supply run through the base and post/pedestal up to the meter? I am guessing this was done via a copper or steel line, is that correct? If so, where can I find one, other than fabricating one myself.

Thanks in advance for your help.

IMG_2347.jpeg IMG_2349.jpeg IMG_2348.jpeg IMG_2317.jpeg
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
You are correct. The hole is for the air supply line. The line is fed up through the 1" pipe along with the electrical supply to light the face. The line is 1/4" copper and can be purchased at Home Depot or Lowes as an icemaker install kit. Use compression fittings. Teflon tape on threads to tighten. Regards, Paul www.severngaspumps.com

gasmansgp #791744 Fri May 26 2023 11:58 AM
N
OP Offline
N
Thanks for the response and tips. Sounds like a quick trip to Lowe's is in order.

J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
Here is the piece required. It's on the left.

52-54-3.jpg
A
A
Looks like someone already monkeyed with the check valve. Lucky you. I had to take an impact to get mine off. You can also get the copper line and fittings from napa if home depot and lowes isn't an option. Mind if I ask what you had to pay for it?

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved