Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#788723 Wed Mar 08 2023 02:09 PM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I normally don't buy rusty signs but I liked this one so I grabbed it today . My gut tells me it's real but the way things are today I tend to second guess everything. The am-52 on the top right had me wondering because I was thinking 40s or earlier but it's big and heavy so I don't think it's repop. Any thoughts on that would be appreciated. I was also considering putting a light clear coat on it to bring out a little color and preserve what's left. Any thoughts on that would be appreciated as well. Thanks!

20230308_134132.jpg 20230308_132738.jpg
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I agree that it sure looks real. Neat sign! I have used this bees wax product with the best results of bring out any color that is left. The streaking of a clear coat spray may be a disappointment. Good luck.

image.jpg
1 member likes this: ironheadtom
G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
Sign is real. I have had two and they moved well. Howards Feed and Wax does wonders. If you choose to clear coat it, stay with matt finish. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

1 member likes this: ironheadtom
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
So the more I mess with it I'm noticing the paint that remains seems fairly delicate. Rather than take a chance on making it worse I'm just going to sell it. I appreciate the help guys, thank you

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved