Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#290672 Mon Dec 12 2011 09:13 PM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
In my continuing quest for information and photos of all things Covey/Mobile, I have attached a post card (I think) that I found on the Web. First of it is really cool to see that station. It would be nice to know what pumps are on that island, I know one is a Visible. The car sign is a mind blower, I am trying to figure out if the writing on the car says Covey Products or Quality Products. On the other side of the side it says Mobile Products. Does anyone have this real copy of this postcard? A better scan could probably give us answers. I probably should contact Earl Holding and see if he has all this in a warehouse somewhere. Any thoughts on the questions? I think the globes maybe Mobile Ethyl, Covey gasoline with rocket car and Covey Super 70. Thanks. Utahbob

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
the pumps look like wayne 60's. i zoomed in and its hard to tell, i think i can see a "hip" on the one on the right. and im thinking the neon says quality

Kyle DeKoning

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The 2 electric pump appear to be WAYNE 60's, The Visible pumps in picture Might be WAYNE 615's or Tokheim 600 series.
Would need a larger resolution scan for better identification.

Last edited by Dick Bennett; Mon Dec 12 2011 09:33 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Look like Wayne 60's to me also.

That sign is killer!!

Last edited by Esse's Garage; Mon Dec 12 2011 09:34 PM. Reason: Cuz I wanted too......

***Wanted*** Always looking for Oilzum, Kunz, and Husky Cans, Signs and Smalls.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
What I remember seeing in other Postcards, overhead sign was NEON.
A Beacon in the night!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That would be cool to see a night shot of that sign all lit up with Neon!

***Wanted*** Always looking for Oilzum, Kunz, and Husky Cans, Signs and Smalls.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Years ago, someone wrote a series of articles on the sations with the Beacon. I believe the articles were written for "Check the Oil."

Jack Sim

Last edited by Jack Sim; Mon Dec 12 2011 10:21 PM.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
According to that link I sent you earlier that station burned down in 1949 so I doubt that Earl has any thing left of it. If your going to contact Earl Holding you probably shouldn't put it off as he should be well up into his 80's. That and who knows where he lives he owns two refineries, three hotels and a ranch in northwest Wyoming and that is just what I know of. Mitch

U
U
I think that might be Little America,west of Green River Wyoming.

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Hi Utah Gas, Utahbob here, Thanks for your input. WE know it was in Wyoming, but I have been trying to get info on Covey Oil Co. as we had a Covey in West Jordan. I am working on a display of old gas station in West Jordan. I am the curator for our local museum. Haven't you bid on Utah dairy advertising/bottles? Utahbob

Looks like it says "Little America" on the sign atop the building and the pole sign.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
L
L
I know it’s been forever ago thwt you wrote about Coveys Little America Mobile Gasoline signs, but I’m always late at everything. I’m trying to do some research on the 6’ Mobile signs they produced in about 1956 for their stations. I have friends with the 2 different styles of signs they produced and even wonder about that since they were only up for a very short time before the lawsuit. There is no history available anywhere I can find about exactly what happened nor exactly when. Nor is there info on how many Stations sold Mobile Gasoline nor how many signs were produced of each kind. I only know of 5-6 that still exist but am sure there are a few more. I’m an Utah collector and went to BYU with The owners daughter. She married my good friend, so it’s got a personal side to it as well. I can be reached at 8013808002 thx

Last edited by Lavorn; Tue Jan 24 2023 03:00 PM. Reason: Errors
L
L
I’ve been trying to reach u by phone as I live in Provo and am also trying to gather info re Covey Mobile Wendel WHITE HAS A FAIR AMOUNT OF INFO RE covey stuff and we have talked multiple times. We both went to BYU with Myrna Covey and knew the family. I an avid collector in Provo and can be reached at 801-380-8002. Your phone no longer works so I can’t call u. I talked to your son a few days ago. I’m aware of several signs that still exist and there were apparently 3 different models I’ve heard of but have only seen the 2 most common ones.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Lavorn, FYI, WJHcurator was last on this site in 2018.

Regards, Jim

I collect gas pump salt and pepper shakers
and the plastic coin banks made by AVSCO.
A
A
sadly earl holding past away last april we were sinclair dealers and met him many conventions

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved