Print Thread
#775185 Thu Feb 17 2022 06:04 PM
P
PLUM_72 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
P
Over the years, I've purchased stuff on eBay, but I have never used other auction sites like Proxibid, Live Auctioneers, etc. How does the internet bidding and shipping work on these? I see there can be some hefty buyers premium costs tacked on to the bid. Before I wade into the waters of these sites, I was looking for some guidance or experiences of others.

-Dave

-Dave-
Collects Dino era Sinclair & Mopar items
PLUM_72 #775186 Thu Feb 17 2022 07:23 PM
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Dave, My collecting area (S&P's & Coin Banks) is very limited, so I have ventured outside of eBay over the years simply to find new items. Since the only things I buy can be shipped in a USPS Flat Rate box (which I once paid $200 for!) I can't say much about shipping other that it varies by auction house. Some charge (IMO) outrageous fees, others are downright cheap - it varies and runs the gamut, read the shipping terms before bidding. Buyers premiums are stated up front and should be considered when bidding, again read the terms before bidding. I've bought from auction sites including Proxibid and Live Auctioneers for at least 15 years now and know that they are only the portal to the various individual auction houses, each auction house will be doing the actual packaging and shipping of their items. I plan to continue using these sites, but the experience will depend on the actual auction house. I'll bet others here on this site can add a lot more to this subject. Good luck!

In addition, you asked about bidding. You can set a max bid in advance and/or bid live. I've done both and am very satisfied with the bidding process.

Last edited by SandPCollector; Thu Feb 17 2022 09:23 PM. Reason: Added more

Regards, Jim

I collect gas pump salt and pepper shakers
and the plastic coin banks made by AVSCO.
1 member likes this: PLUM_72

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved