Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#774736 Wed Feb 02 2022 12:55 PM
R
OP Offline
R
I recently bought some pumps from a gentleman, one was this Tokheim 300, it had the original Site Ethyl add glass in both doors. We later found the globe, which I purchased and put on the pump. I kept the pump original but did shoot it with a satin clear coat. I'm not sure if the Cresyl 110 plates are correct, but they were on the doors, so I left them. My question is, does anyone know the history of Site Gas. I grew up in the St. Louis, MO area and I remember the stations. There is no mention of the company in any of Jack's books. Sure, wish he was here to give a call to. My thoughts are they were a small independent company with a small regional area of service. Also what would the value of the original site globe and add glass be worth . Any info would be appreciated. Thank you in advance

20211229_141448 -1.jpg 20211025_094129 -2.jpg
Last edited by Route66Ron; Wed Feb 02 2022 01:06 PM. Reason: left out the value question
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Site oil Co was out of Clayton MO and was founded in 1930. They were in the mid-west and sold gas under the Cresyl name and are still in operation today. The globe in from the 1960's and had curved glass or flat gas. This info is from Scott Benjamin guide to gas pump globes. Richard

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted by gatorgaspumps
This info is from Scott Benjamin guide to gas pump globes. Richard

Something everyone should own. Great info.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
1 member likes this: Shellubrication
R
OP Offline
R
Thanks Richard, I think Scott will be at It's A Gas show next week. I will pick up one of his books. Thanks again.

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved