Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#769574 Wed Oct 13 2021 11:56 AM
P
OP Offline
P
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has any good sources on a more detailed history of the United Motors Service organization? I have read a few things online but I would like to find a more in-depth history as well as the history of its logo design and various sub agencies. I am adding a few pieces to my collection and would love to know more about them.

Thanks in advance.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
http://www.delcoremyhistory.com/history.htm

1916 - United Motors under the leadership of W.C. Durant purchases the Remy Electric Company. At the same time it also purchased the Dayton Engineering Laboratories Company (Delco) in Dayton, OH which until now had been a competitor to the Remy Electric Company as it had invented the first automotive self starter in 1911, a year before Remy came out with one in 1912. Delco also was producing ignitions and generators. Both organizations continued on with their product lines as separate divisions of United Motors. The earlier work by The Remy Electric company starting in 1912 was successful and in 1916 the company produced 41,000 generators and 150,000 ignition distributors.

1918 - United Motors is purchased by General Motors. The GM Division Remy Electric Company is still competing against the GM Delco in Dayton, OH. Remy had 10,000 employed at its Columbus Avenue operation. .. ... cool

RANDY
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Great write up

Sid

www.trifivechevys.com
www.knifegates.com

Looking to buy Sealed Power Piston rings ITEM's

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard