Next Thread
Print Thread
#747503 Thu Apr 23 2020 08:59 AM
G
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
G
As some of you know, I used to fool with Juke Boxes, many years ago. Thirty if anyone is counting? Twice a year, I along with most of the folks who are known in this hobby, would head to Chicago for the Juke Box Coin Op show in St. Charles, IL. There were all sorts of game room items including gas pumps. There, I met so many of the pioneers of this hobby/business. I have developed life long friendships that to this day, I cherish. I met a couple of guys on my first trip out who, with their wives became like family. We rented a house in Cape Cod every September for a week of fun.They were even at my son's wedding, when he was married in the Outer Banks. We considered each other brothers. Always a call away from help if ever needed. They were the driving forces of Northland Juke Box Restorations. Yesterday, I got a call from, my good friend, Mike Panzer, one of the two operators of Northland. He wanted me to know that his business partner and brother in law, Jim Still, had passed away from a heart attack. Jim was a quiet force in this industry. He was well read and quite informed on many subjects. He loved to talk politics with me....always in a friendly manner, As we thought alike on common sense topics, our discussions were fruitful. Jim will be missed by so many people. He will live on in my memory for as long as God lets me remain of this earth. Please say a prayer for his family. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Hey Paul...thanks for you sharing about Jim. Life passes by so quickly and to have made friends and develop relationships, often closer than a brother, is a blessing!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Paul, I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. My condolences to his family and all his friends.

Regards, Jim

I collect gas pump salt and pepper shakers
and the plastic coin banks made by AVSCO.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Sad news. I was just talking with a colleague and our discussion lead us to speaking about Jim... Very Sad. Our thoughts & prayers go out to the family ! ! !

G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
Sorry for your loss Paul, prayers to you and family..

R
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
R
Paul, sorry to hear of your friends passing.

Looking for photos, etc from 60s era Shell-A-Rama gas station and Pal's Diner, Rt. 17 Mahwah, NJ
& US or state highway signs, shields, route markers
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
So sorry to hear. My condolences to family and friends

L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
So Sorry for your lose of great friend. Prayers for the Still family and friends.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Paul, sorry to hear about your friend’s passing. Prayers are with you and his family & friends.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
I too met Jim, Mike and Andy at the coin op MANY years ago. I was shocked and saddened to hear about Jim. What a tragic loss. My sympathies to you Paul for the loss of your good friend, and prayers to Andy, Mike and the rest of the family. May Jim rest in peace.

A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
Paul,

So sorry for your loss of your good friend, Jim. Its amazing how such similar hobbies connect us. We are all so blessed. Thoughts and prayers. Andrew

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved