Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#747040 Wed Apr 15 2020 10:43 AM
Veteran Member
OP Online Content
Veteran Member
Just an FYI to Photobucket users.... Photobucket is putting a watermark through a lot of your photos and blurring them. It’s happening to several Photobucket users in several threads here on OldGas. Even if you pay your Photobucket dues, I wonder if non-subscribers will still see the watermark because, we are not customers (with our IP addresses)?? There are some cool photos popping up in OldGas-land and a lot of us can’t see them well. 😢.

The photo software on OldGas is easy to use and it ensures the photos are on here forever for future reference and enjoyment.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
1 member likes this: RandyM
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Uploading photos IS so easy to do now on Old Gas.....it's free and like Steve states, they will always be here for everyone to view.
I made the mistake of using Imageshack to host my photos in my early days on Old Gas, now they're all gone. The "Company of the Month" I hosted on Mobil is my biggest failure using a photo hosting site. If I only would've known!!
Darin

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!
1 member likes this: RandyM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Totally agree - one of the great things about Oldgas is the "archive" of old posts and their photos. It is SO frustrating to find the thread that meets your research needs, only to see all the dead links where the photos used to be! Please embed the photos directly on Oldgas...that way, as long as Oldgas is here, the photos will be too.

I wish we could go back and refresh some of those old forum topics and re-add the pictures back in.

Brian H
B
B
Thanks for the info. I’ve used Photobucket for years without issue. When I noticed the watermark when I first started using this sight, I went to the paid Photobucket plan. The first pics I posted after that were fine. The most recent ones have their watermark again.

H
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
H
Steve,

I am not able to post a video here: (.mov file).

1- Does the software allow this?

2- If so, how?

Thanks!

Online Cool
Originally Posted by henlovestoys
Steve,

I am not able to post a video here: (.mov file).

1- Does the software allow this?

2- If so, how?

Thanks!

Post your video on Youtube.com and then post a link to it here. If you have trouble with posting the link, send it to me and I'll help you with it.

Only still photos may be uploaded to Oldgas.com because the extensive server space needed for video is too expensive.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
1 member likes this: henlovestoys

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved