Click here for Original Gas Pump Plate auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Very nice displays, signs, and garage! What a beautiful organized collection!

Rob

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Your garage is a beauty, Don! A couple of questions for you. Are those bare (no signs) can racks on the floor something you made, commercially available, or vintage? Also, I see a couple of Husky cans (fourth rack from the left), but the cans to their left have me wondering - Frontier Oil?

Brian

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice job Don, Looks great!!!

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks guys for the kind comments. Brian, the metal rod double-sided racks are original vintage ones. All of the rack cans are Canadian imperial quarts so there would be no Frontier. At least I am not aware of any Canadian connection. The Husky quarts haven't made it to the garage yet. I still have to install a couple more shelves so I can move another dozen or so racks out of the basement. Cheers, Don

IMG_8471.JPG IMG_8472.JPG IMG_8473.JPG IMG_8475.JPG
Thanks for the reply, Don. I keep hoping to one day find a nice, basic rack for my cans but they are hard to come by around here. I'm in awe of your Husky can collection. The differences in "standing dogs" and fonts is interesting. I've not seen the dog with the bushier tail. Must have been a Husky Oil Ltd. of Canada design.

Brian

Wow! Amazing inside and out.

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Well I had some free time this past week to work on the collection and things went well. Two more shelves were put up to hold additional can racks. Then I decided to bring up most of the other racks out of the basement and see if I could make some sort of interesting floor arrangement. I really like how it is turning out though there will be no more show cases moved up. Where the table and chairs will end up has to be determined yet. I'm now building a couple of shelves for globes. I am glad that I haven't a fixed plan and left some of this to chance as well as input from a few friends who could give different perspectives. Cheers, Don.

IMG_8560.JPG IMG_8561.JPG IMG_8558.JPG IMG_8559.JPG
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
A bit more progress as I pick away at this when I can find the free time. Two shelves installed for a few globes. Unfortunately a couple of the ceiling lights block their views somewhat so I may have to change those. I should fire the guy who designed the electrical layout and installed the ceiling lights but he is the only one who works here for free and that's me, lol. Also put up the White Rose signs and did a bit of rearranging of the can racks so I could have the table and chairs in the middle of the room. It would have been great to have a large sofa and wide-screen tv next to the bar but that isn't going happen here. Not sure how much more I can move in but it is turning into a great room to hang out in. Cheers, Don.

IMG_8574.JPG IMG_8576.JPG IMG_8578.JPG IMG_8588.JPG
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
2nd set of photos:

IMG_8600.JPG IMG_8602.JPG IMG_8603.JPG IMG_8605.JPG
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Don, To say your collection is impressive is an understatement. The overall appearance of the room is fantastic. Well done!

Regards, Jim

I collect gas pump salt and pepper shakers
and the plastic coin banks made by AVSCO.
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
With the start of a new year I thought to post an update of my slow progress from this fall and winter period. Some of it has just been fine tuning by moving around pieces where their location just made more sense. Other areas are new displays. Some of the items have been scattered throughout the basement so it is nice to see them together for a change. I find it interesting that by moving a piece or display around from where it has sat for 10 or 20 years it changes visually. Could be that you get so used to something being in a certain spot that you just take it for granted and it doesn't have that appeal of the latest piece that you just bought. Anyway here are some photos to enjoy. Cheers, Don.

IMG_8798.JPG IMG_8799.JPG IMG_8800.JPG IMG_8833.JPG
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
More photos.

IMG_8801.JPG IMG_8802.JPG IMG_8829.JPG IMG_8826.JPG
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
WOW

Craig
Petro Enthusiast
Online Cool
Petro Enthusiast
First class collection and display - amazing - you could charge admission!

J
J
Incredible display. thanks for sharing.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved