Click here for Collectible Motor Oil Can auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Hey Alex, Many of the OG members appreciate the efforts and knowledge of the veteran OG members, we just have been remiss in telling the moderators how much we appreciate their behind the scenes efforts to keep OG the quality site it is. From a selfish perspective and recognizing that you have done your time and certainly don't owe the membership anything, I would ask you to remain as the moderator. Its the thankless volunteer services of a few members that keep this site relevant.

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
I very much appreciate all the time, effort and patience that Alex has invested in the Value forum since its inception. The Value forum is not an easy thing to manage. It gets serious collectors, newbies and some gold-diggers. It's the nature of the hobby now. If there is a member out there willing to try out being a moderator of the Value forum, please send me a PM message.

If anyone is irritated by posts on the Value forum, just let me know. I can hide the Value forum from any member who would prefer not to see it.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
What Neil said.... Even if a few people get some useful info from each forum it’s worth having. I also appreciate Jim and all the moderators time they put in to keep this site running. It’s still the best site out there and has the best core group of people with a genuine interest our hobby to draw from. Keep up the good work....thankless as it may seem sometimes.

D
OP Offline
D
Hi everyone. So i will clear up. Yes this collection is owned and not a whole lot of knowledge. I personally do not believe you have to know all about something in order to obtain or collect an item. I get it, its easy to scrutinize someone. Was just looking for more info. Sorry for anyone I havent responded to yet. We did buy a book to get alot of info on them. We also had someone come and check out the pumps to help with more knowledge. A few more who offered. I am sorry if this post offended anyone.

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
If you notice, most of the replies were if I can buy something. This is what is wrong with the value section as many times I have seen on here people jump in and try to get to be the first one to buy even though is says so buying in the heading. I understand everyone wants a shot, but have seen three times now new person ask, and then by the way its gone. Is it a value section for the askers or a section for people to jump and try to get a first shot? Just saying and going by what I have seen.

Craig
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Can't figure out if one hates this forum, why do they even look at it?

Barry
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
This whole thing has a funny smell. Reminds me of the guy that tried to sell me a bunch of stuff a while back that he did not even own. I am not saying it is a scam, but the scammers are getting really good and there are greedy suckers born every minute. " I have acquired all of these pumps and I don't know a thing about them...can someone help me ?" lol Have fun, Dave

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
from what i hear, the collection was not exactly 'cherry picked'. the buyer tried to buy it all and could not come to terms on it, so they ended up just agreeing on a specific set of pumps

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I would like to know the whole story? Did this person inherit the collection, collect them there self? Or bought the collection all at one time? There are a lot of cool pumps in that lot! Chris

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved