Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted by Steven C.
Wow, these changes seem to have really messed my viewing the site on my phone. Not a fan of that!
I always view the site through the portal page and I would have the active thread list down the right side. That list is no longer there.

That column is still there Steven. If you could take a screenshot and post it, maybe I could figure it out.

In the mean time, I recommend clicking on "Active Threads" on the menu bar to see the latest posts with the latest comments. Great spot to stay on top of forum activity.

Jim Potts
Oldgas.com Techie
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I spoke too soon, Steven. The Portal page display all depends on the width of your screen. After checking some phones, the right and left columns of the Portal page disappear when displayed on many phones in vertical or horizontal mode. Sorry about that. When I look into alternate themes, I'll see if there is any way we can get those sidebar columns to show back up on phones.

Jim Potts
Oldgas.com Techie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I M with Steve C on the phone view restrictions. Looking forward to you changes Jim.

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Thanks for your hard work on the updates Jim - the photo change will be huge for the site! I'm sure all the other variances will be fine tuned and/or adjusted to in due time! Appreciate your efforts for all us!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I think this site is a lot easier to maneuver around now. And way easy to post pictures. Now I can use my i phone , before I always had to use my desk top and use image shack .
Now If only I could figure out , how to change my avatar . I hope that we as a group can promote this site which I firmly believe will promote the hobby as a whole
Thank you Jim for all you do . Hopefully this will make it easier for more new comers to the hobby .

Nelson

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted by HI-OCTANE
Now If only I could figure out , how to change my avatar . Nelson

Nelson,
Send me a picture you want in your avatar and I'll make it work for you. Click on my name in this post, and choose "View Profile." Click on my email address in my Profile and send the picture as an attachment.
JP

Jim Potts
Oldgas.com Techie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Couple of issues I am having is in the forums the folders on the left hand side use to turn yellow if there was a new post I had not seen in a topic. Now they are all white and I can't tell if there is a new post in a topic. Other issue is all the new pictures I see are pixalated but the old post pictures are fine. I guess I will adapt over time. Otherwise updates are great!!

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
For me being the low Tech kind of guy that I am the changes have been great, much easier . Just now to be able to simply use my I phone pictures without resizing has been a big improvement . Thank you Jim

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted by Oldgas Moderator
Originally Posted by HI-OCTANE
Now If only I could figure out , how to change my avatar . Nelson

Nelson,
Send me a picture you want in your avatar and I'll make it work for you. Click on my name in this post, and choose "View Profile." Click on my email address in my Profile and send the picture as an attachment.
JP

Jim, I am not seeing your email address for some reason

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I tried to post a picture and nothing works . Oh well , back to Facebook ......

see ya on the road folks !
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Test...hey it works. smile

sunoco pump.jpg
Last edited by Cold Pizza; Thu Jan 25 2018 08:38 PM.

Collecting Vintage Sunoco
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Posting pics is about as easy as it gets now, just hope the quality and sizing will be improved over time. Otherwise the details/quality are so bad photos won't be much good. The resizing program worked well before and was pretty simple IMO, although many complained. Guess it has to do with how savvy you are on a computer.

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!
Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
The new image upload does leave something to be desired in sharpness. I'm going to work with the software developer to see if that can be configured better. The old Resize Tool is still operational, if you'd prefer to use it to get sharper output. Let me know if don't have the Resize Tool bookmarked and you need the link.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Jim,

I would like the link to the old resize tool please. I hope the developers can work with you on the 'digitization' or pixilation of these new pictures. It is almost as if it shrinks the file to a very small KB size and then enlarges it too much when posted.

It would be very hard to purchase items for sale with the quality of the new pictures.

...And this is constructive criticism, I am not complaining, I just would rather use the old tool for now. I love this site and am on it very often. I am grateful for all that you do to keep this site the great site that it is. It is extremely useful and has tons of invaluable information for all of us.

I prefer the old way, due to the quality (for now) until the issue is resolved. It was worth the extra work, to have the quality.

And we all know this is a work in progress and takes time (as if you don't have other things to do). Hopefully you can resolve the issue with the software developers.

Thanks again for all that you do,
Steve

Last edited by Speedracer; Fri Jan 26 2018 01:37 AM.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Same here Jim, I would like the link to the resize tool....
Thanks,
Darin

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved