Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#535094 Tue May 13 2014 10:08 AM
Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
We have had difficulties with some new members selling items in recent years. New members are not enabled to post New Topics in the For Sale forums until they have demonstrated knowledge of the forum and how our online community works with their posts. After 2 * such posts, including posting an image, new members may request an upgrade to regular privileges.

(* edit: Required posts reduced from 4 posts down to 2 posts)

I invite new members to post a New Topic on our Welcome New Member forum to introduce yourself or tell about your interests. (Items are not permitted to be offered for sale there)
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=20

New members may post New Topics in other forums, reply to any topic and read any topic to build an understanding of how our online community works.

Please read and follow the For Sale Guidelines:
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=161199

To request the upgrade to post New Threads on the For Sale forum sections, click on the "Contact" link near top of this page.

Jim Potts
Oldgas.com

Last edited by Oldgas; Sat Oct 07 2023 08:39 AM.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Support Oldgas.com with bids from here
G
G
I would like to upgrade my privileges so I can sell on old gas.
I posted enough and know how to upload pics.
Thanks Vince

who do I contact for this?

Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
Just click on "Contact" on the upper right of any page of the forum. Use the email address that you registered as your return address. That way I know who you are.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
S
S
new member trying to figure out how to use this forum. may be a long time before I will get to post picture but can use as a testing ground thanks in advance for patience

shane #590333 Sun Jan 04 2015 02:47 PM
Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: shane
can use as a testing ground thanks in advance for patience

shane,
Our Testing Area forum where you can try out image uploads and posting:
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=11
You can also upload to Photobucket or other free hosts and use their forum code to post pictures here.

Read over the links in the Welcome email that you got from Oldgas.com when you joined.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
S
S
thanks, once i figure out wifes camera and getting photos to computer will give it a go.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Navigating around well and figuring stuff out pretty quick, but had a question, I couldn't figure out on my own. I've noticed on some peoples post, after they post a picture of something, they reply to their post with:"bump". What does this mean? Thanks for your help, and please excuse my ignorance.

Jimmy McNerney
----------------
Mainly collect White Rose, Enarco, Derby Gas, Union 76. But also collect anything unique, rare or just plain cool.
They are bumping their for sale or wanted ad to the top of the index. Oldgas has a 72 hour bump rule.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Ok, got it now. Thanks for the explanation Ryan.

Jimmy McNerney
----------------
Mainly collect White Rose, Enarco, Derby Gas, Union 76. But also collect anything unique, rare or just plain cool.
R
R
thanks for the information..this is an awesome site!

Hi all, new to the site and was wondering if anyone could explain what BTT means on the listings in classified for sale?
thanks so much!

Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted By tbronckr
Hi all, new to the site and was wondering if anyone could explain what BTT means on the listings in classified for sale?
thanks so much!

BTT = Back To the Top
They are bumping their for sale or wanted ad to the top of the index. Oldgas.com has a minimum 72 hour bump rule.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Thanks so much Oldgas-Jim, and I am assuming that means that a posting selling member must wait at least 72 hours after listing the item/s or after a bump, before they can bump it again. If different please let me know. Just trying to get up to speed. It also appears that maybe some members compliment an item for sale by saying "like" or "nice" to bump it for them possibly? Or are members just very complimentary? Again, just learning. Thanks for all you do and for the site Jim "Oldgas" Potts!

D
D
Hi, my name is Dean and yes im new. This is somewhat of a confusing site? Do i have it right by saying i cannot post anything for sale until i have proven that i know what im doing? I must
Talk in the forum and post at least 8 pics before selling? us the forum the classifieds? Can i sell anywhete else on old gas? Pkesde help, little confused

Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
The rule is:
"New members are not enabled to post New Topics in the For Sale forums until they have demonstrated knowledge of the forum and how our online community works with their posts. After 4 such posts, including posting an image, new members may request an upgrade to regular privileges."

Posting a normally sized photo is required. The rule does not say "8 pics."

New members may sell on eBay and post an announcement about it on our "Online Auctions, eBay" section of the forum.

If you are still confused, you can read over the "Welcome... READ FIRST" email that we sent when you joined the forum, or send a message via the "Contact" link at the top of this page.

Last edited by Oldgas Moderator; Wed Feb 12 2020 07:12 PM. Reason: edit to revise number of posts from 8 to the current rule of 4

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved