Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#663177 Thu Aug 11 2016 10:29 AM
F
OP Offline
F
IMG_0663.JPG

I haven't been able to find any information on this late 60's A.O Smith Fire Chief gas pump. I do know the Sky Chief logo is reproduction and probably supposed to be Fire Chief. Shelby American inc. and race fuels on face plate. I found a news article that would match the dating of this gas pump. Does anyone have any information on this pump? It appears to be original face plate. Below is a clip from the article that says the Shelby production plant in Michigan moved into the building of the company that manufactured this gas pump...

In September 1967, production was moved to the A.O. Smith Company of Ionia, Michigan, under Ford control. Shelby American had substantially less involvement after this time.
For 1968, the Cobra name was applied to both models, and they were now marketed as the Shelby Cobra GT 350 and the Shelby Cobra GT 500.[12] In February 1968, the Cobra GT 500-KR "King of the Road"; under the hood was a 428 cubic-inch Cobra Jet V8 which was rated at 335 horsepower (250 kW).
The 1967 Shelby Cobra is featured in the 2000 film Gone In Sixty Seconds as 'Eleanor', the holy grail of Memphis Raines' car-jacking mission, and the Kenichi Sonoda manga Gunsmith Cats as the ride of main character Rally Vincent. In the sequel Gunsmith Cats Burst the car is blown up by a bomb, whereupon Rally replaces it with a Mustang II King Cobra rather than a Shelby.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
F
OP Offline
F

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
No pictures and the google address is not working.

Are you asking about the pump, or the logos on the pump. I have a picture of every pump Smith made until they quit making pumps. I remember some of the sales bulletins showing the pump with Texaco logos.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
F
OP Offline
F
can I send them to you in an email. I have tried for a long time to get the pictures working.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Waiting to see photos / info on this.....interesting.

Pete
F
OP Offline
F

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved