Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Mike M. Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I got the new schedule for Iowa Gas 2016 and IMO Ron and John did a great job!!!

Wednesday August 3rd:
Registration 8am to 8pm
Exhibit hall move in 9am to noon (no set up or sales till 7pm)
Auction noon to 6 pm
7pm all set up and vending begins (outdoor - indoor - room)

Thursday August 4th:
Registration 8am - 4pm
All day vending (exhibit hall opens 8am)
Buffet 6pm followed by room vending

Friday August 5th:
All day vending (exhibit hall opens 8am)

I think it locks down the show and will make it better for planning and also lock down the vendors so that the newbies don't miss out on the swap meet!

What's everyone's thoughts?

NEW IOWA GAS SCHEDULE
single choice
Votes accepted starting: Sat Nov 28 2015 07:32 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
H
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
H
Love it

A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
As a first year newbie to Iowa gas this year I flew in Thursday morning early and started driving back home early saturday morning. Worked just fine for me. Any first timer to that show needs to know to bring all the $ you can.
The best show by far to attend. I was a kid in the candy store,and loved every minute of it up to the time I ran out of money.

Can't wait till next year regardless of schedule.

Gene

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Since Gene admitted being a IG newbie, despite DB driving by his house every time he went, I will also talk about my one and only exposure 2 years ago. I showed up on Monday and people were selling on Sunday. I left on Thursday AM and missed the auction as the rest was shutting down. The new schedule will be better.
Fred

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I think this is great. I applaud the promoters for listening to everyone. I do not think that they would make this change unless the majority ruled.
Think about it this way: If you were going to any type of event, rock concert, sporting, kids play...and when you arrived at the advertised starting time you found the event was already half over because they said "some people got here early so we decided to start"...I don't think you would be a happy camper.

Tom.

Always buying gas pumps and parts.

Visit my web site: www.gaspumps.us
Buckles Vintage Gas Pump Parts LLC
Carthage Indiana
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great analogy Tom.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By tbuckles
I think this is great. I applaud the promoters for listening to everyone.

x2

As a result of the new schedule, I'm looking forward to being able to make my first multi-day trip to Iowa Gas!

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By tbuckles

Think about it this way: If you were going to any type of event, rock concert, sporting, kids play...and when you arrived at the advertised starting time you found the event was already half over because they said "some people got here early so we decided to start"...I don't think you would be a happy camper.

Well said,and why I stopped going,but I'll start going now because of this.
I've been basically saying that for awhile now,only to be told..."tough,early bird gets the worm".
What?

Online Content
I am glad to hear of the changes. I hope they enforce the new times though, I did not see anything in the letter showing consequences for vending early.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Ditto your thoughts, Ryan. It's likely that some seller(s) will try to push the new rules from the get-go. So, it will be interesting to see what the IG organizers have in mind for "enforcement" consequences.

One of the IG vendors told me recently that he thought the new timetable was good, and that he didn't mind following it....AS LONG AS all other sellers did the same (outdoor, exhibit hall, and in-room). In other words, he wouldn't be feeling good about losing sales to vendors who weren't following the rules. John

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By Ryan Underthun
I am glad to hear of the changes. I hope they enforce the new times though, I did not see anything in the letter showing consequences for vending early.

That was going to be my question. What is stopping vendors from arriving early and selling early, then going home early?

Email :john@barnquiltshop.com

"The Fun Is In The Hunt"
Web site: www.barquiltshop.com/
Mike M. Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By Old Racer
What is stopping vendors from arriving early and selling early, then going home early?

Don't give them a spot the next year would be my vote as good spots have been hard to come by the last few years.

IMO let Ron and John handle it if you see it. Turn them into the principles LOL.

There will still be lots pre-sold before the show but if they can control sellers from early vending and no rooms open with stuff all laid out things should be under control.

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
It's going to be a crazy mad dash Wednesday at 7:00 pm for everyone to get set up and to see everything before it gets dark. Set up should be more like 5:00 pm. I'll believe it when I see it.

-Matt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Yes it is!! We probably won't set everything out until the next morning being that late in the day.

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I think this is a great thing. This is how CTO show is ran and a few try and set up early but are shut down by the hotel or promoters. I can go to Iowa or CTO same distance for me but I only went to Iowa once as I can't justify a weeks vacation to my wife. CTO show up Thursday afternoon leave Saturday works well. Now with Iowa following same kind of format decisions decisions decisions

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved