Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
My wife is a lot smarter . She doesn't mind me buying signs, pumps,globes. She happens to be a lot younger than myself and has made me record pricing on everything in my man cave. That got her excited. That bothered me at first,but so far I am still the caretaker of my stuff. She does ask me every morning how I'm feeling. When I'm gone to spend time with my friend D B some of you on oldgas will get the call, not to let you I'm gone , But to know it's all for sell.
I did do you all a favor and did not price any of the pumps or any of the hidden treasures in the garage.
PS: There are more at the office she doesn't know about.

Gene

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Funny thing is my Wife keeps finding things Petro for me to buy.I have been collecting cans and oil bottles and signs for 40 + years on a limited basis.This past year however I stepped up to Gas pumps.(3) so far this past year.I found myself catching myself and slowing down before I get carried away and end up with a yard full of pumps and signs.
I love it all but know in the end that someone ,kids , wife , whomever will have to dispose of it all.I only will buy now to upgrade and will sell the old to replace with the new.
WELL ALMOST: Last week my wife found a fully restored G&B Visable that I just could not pass up.OH yea I almost forgot that 2 gallon Aero can that arrived in the mail today.
Well no one said it was going to happen overnight.It is going to be a slowwwwwww Process.:)

Wanted TEXACO related items & SUNOCO related items .Signs -Globes et'c. Oil Cans - Grease cans .
O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
My wife is tolerant of it but my girlfriend just loves it. Ron Lease-Collector ;;;;;;;

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
My wife and a very close friend, who is an auctioneer, talk often. He is on her speed dial. His advise is that if I fall down, first check for a pulse. If one is found call 911, if not hit speed dial! LOL! My wife loves this stuff and is great about doing shows. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Originally Posted By oillease55
My wife is tolerant of it but my girlfriend just loves it. Ron Lease-Collector ;;;;;;;

Literally LOL!!

My wife could really care less about the stuff. She gets a little sick when she thinks on how much I've spent in just 3 1/2 years. I kind of do too to be honest, yet I can't wait to buy the next cool thing. For the most part, she doesn't care saying it's my money. Once in a while, like my two globes, I see just a little glimmer in her eye and she'll actually say, "I have to admit that's pretty cool". So there's hope for her.

Speaking of speed dial, there are many of you that I would like your wife's to add me to her speed dial. My number is in my profile. grin

Last edited by Steve C.; Sun Nov 15 2015 06:48 AM.

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have known my wife since 3rd grade, married just before I went to Nam so she knew what she was getting into. She digs cars, gas stuff and really loves all of the junk we have collected through the years. She wants me to do a small Erie pump branded Coke so she can have it in her kitchen, that will get done.

So I guess I'm one lucky SOB to have a partner that loves what I am into.

Have gas all the time
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
My wife tolerates it, but she tells everyone that when I die there will be a $1.00 takes all garage sale the next day.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
My wife never liked me collecting stuff until I started selling stuff to buy our boat. Then came the smile. Now we got a bunch of concrete sign post slugs in the ground and holes all over the house that signs use to cover. I think she kind of likes the look of aged galvanized sheet metal on weathered cedar. It's been 4 years and we both are loving a common intrest. Boating at night!!

H
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
H
Gene,

You are killing me ...

Please Clean Out your PM Box, IT'S FULL! laugh

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Be careful what you ask for! My wife is out of control, we always go to Iowa gas and for the last three years, she has bought more stuff than I did! She travels for work a lot, and the UPS man will show up and drop off boxes with signs and other collectibles at the door.. It's like Christmas for me.. Our house is full of signs, pumps and globes, not to mention. The 40 X 60 shop.. I trust her to buy anything advertising as she is up on values as well as you can be In Today's pricing world.
Hard to keep up with her😳
But loving it!

Wanted: Conoco, Marland, Eason, Cliff Brice, Speedway and Oval E stuff!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
My wife is out.....the door wink

Dennis Leith / Always looking for unusual Gilmore Oil Company items and Automobilia Displays
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
second that big d

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By 42packard
My wife tolerates it, but she tells everyone that when I die there will be a $1.00 takes all garage sale the next day.

Please tell to put my name and number on her favorites list !

My wife likes the stuff almost as much as I do. It's all over the house....even in our bedroom.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I can not relate to this subject. My limitations are space, time and money not a wife. You never know things can always change if the right one comes around.

Last edited by 60wayne; Sun Nov 15 2015 06:05 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Haaaaa, this is a great topic. First pump was cool. Second pump was "Oh my god, another one?" At around 11 or 12 it was, "What the hell?" (in a funny way). Sooner than later she lost her parking space in our garage - she wasn't too happy, but in all honesty, she could care less.

One time we were out-of-town for a family reunion (about 2 hours away). A bunch of the girls went shopping and a few of the guys went to the bar. I found an auction and went with some of the other guys. When the girls returned to the hotel a few of us were having a beer in the lobby. We were all on the same floor and we all went up to my room for some more drinks. I made sure she was in front of all of us to open the door and started recording on my phone. Half the guys behind me snickering. She walked into the room and there was a 6' Texaco leaning on the wall. She just said "Oh my God" and laughed. Then about 2 minutes later I said "I wonder if you can see my truck from our room?" She took the bait, looked out the window and saw a pump in the back of my truck. She just shook her head and laughed. She said, "Only you would find a sign and a gas pump at a family reunion!!"

Anyway, I gotta go. She wants the spare room cleaned before our out-of-town guests arrive for Thanksgiving. It is full of all my fragile parts for restorations. If our guests plop down on the spare bed a few globes lenses and some ad glass will break!!

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved