Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
jbrooks #608918 Sat Apr 18 2015 04:03 AM
W
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
W
I still like them both, ( FB & OG ), lots of negativity on OG, but there are some real good guys on here and I appreciate that. OG has been good to me, I have sold a lot of good stuff on here.. The info and knowledge on OG is invaluable. I do find quite a few members on here that are too quick to judge items ( repo or orig ) before they know what there talking about. I think the more tools we have in our tool boxes the better off we are and the more educated we get. There is room for both venues, "to each his own".. Thanks OG for all you have done for me.

ps. I like the guy from NJ have the same feeling that a handful of guys on OG take exception to me being from Canada, not sure why ? " just sayin " .. smile

Last edited by Wes Hague; Sat Apr 18 2015 04:18 AM.

Wes.......
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Wes Hague #608938 Sat Apr 18 2015 07:26 AM
Best of luck to redhotrelics Anthony and his Facebook page. I just don't appreciate spreading negativity about Oldgas.com and its members right here while building up someplace else to go.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Oldgas #608946 Sat Apr 18 2015 07:58 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
What Jim said, if you don't like Old Gas, feel free to leave,,

US Air Force Retired, 1981-2007
Wes Maxwell #608958 Sat Apr 18 2015 09:33 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I also agree with Jim and Wes. I`ve always liked original stuff...knock offs are not for me.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Dave's Garage #608960 Sat Apr 18 2015 10:00 AM
W
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
W
Hey Dave,,, please don't mistake FB for just having repro stuff, there is a ton of good original stuff being bought and sold on FB every day, there are some really good pages on there and good buys.
The advantage on OG is the vast amount of knowledge that is compiled from all the members new and old that's available on OG just for the asking.. ( still likem both ) smile

Wes.......
Wes Hague #608999 Sat Apr 18 2015 03:32 PM
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Originally Posted By: Wes Hague
Hey Dave,,, please don't mistake FB for just having repro stuff, ( still likem both ) smile

I believe he was calling facebook the repop. And Oldgas the authentic original.

And Wes, I may be a little naïve about such things, but I find it hard to believe that anyone would crash on you simply for being Canadian. I'm only one guy and one voice, but I assure I don't feel that way. Being from the Detroit area, I've always felt like cousins with Canada and my Canadian friends.

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
jbrooks #609003 Sat Apr 18 2015 03:43 PM
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Originally Posted By: jbrooks
I used to love checking oldgas several times a day and I tried many times to be a positive presence on here but most times I felt shunned or ignored because I was a new guy and apparently even worse I live in NJ. I remember a few members saying everyone from NY was evil

Thats EXACTLY my point!

You can NOT discriminate against the new guys because they do it for a living OR pickers because they make money selling signs and continue to have a positive venue for discussion! I have watched this happen for almost 10 years now after it happened to me!
Then to see how badly redhotrelics was wrongfully treated for inflated prices YET his signs are selling like hot cakes setting the new retail standards!!!
I have pointed out the FAKE usernames, Nothing changed!
Pointed out MEMBERS buying signs from india and selling as originals, Nothing changed still members!
I have pointed out ebay, craigslist scammers and put my own neck on the line with people selling repo's as originals and had my family threated BUT yet that guy is still a member!
I have SHOUTED from the mountain tops how OLDGAS.COM is the greatest website on the planet for 9+ years!
I honestly used to invite everyone to join BUT refrain from doing so because they get beat up being the new guy!
I am in NO WAY saying facebook is better than oldgas! However I am saying if you buy/sell signs and enjoy seing new discoveries every day then facebook should be added to your endeavors....Thats All!!!!!
Roll with the changes oldgas and STOP picking on the new guys OR there will be NOTHING but OLD grumpy men sitting on here wondering what happened...
I have done my best to give my honest advice, post 1000's of pictures, perpetuate some of the largest or THE largest donations to oldgas! I have worn my oldgas t shirt and hoodies to every show and placed some of the rarest signs in people's collections ALL while taking pride in doing so..I have NEVER had a bad transaction and ALWAYS offered a 100% money back guarantee!
Noone said anything about NOT liking this site wes/jim!!! So telling me to leave IF I dont like it is a cop out...Thats an understood scenario! I will leave IF I dont like it just like all the others that have left...
I have the utmost respect for Jim and oldgas.com or I wouldn't even be wasting my breath right now trying to help! Period!

As for repo's on facebook? NOT ALLOWED WHATSOEVER!!!!!
unlike oldgas where they are fine as long as they are marked or sold as such?

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Well said Tom

Please visit my website Gasstuff.com
W
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
W
Whew, I had to read your comment a few times Tom,,

No one said anything about NOT liking this site wes/jim!!!

I forgot I wasn't the only Wes in this conversation,, As J Mancino said , " well said Tom."

Wes.......
Gas stuff.com #609011 Sat Apr 18 2015 04:40 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Awesome site you have here Jim. Thank you.

Steven C. #609012 Sat Apr 18 2015 04:41 PM
W
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
W
Thanks Steve, feelings are mutual...

Wes.......
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: tomzcollectiblez
hey 72Scamp, I just looked at your profile on mopar, seen your 72 scamp, and seen your sign listed on oldgas ALL THRU GOOGLE! smile
Its all about HOW you search also...
Im NOT gonna teach you how to search google so go back to beanie babies!!!
LOL

Hey Tom, why are you bashing me? I don't care for FB, so what? I don't care what you googled, I have no profile on mopar, you didn't see my 72 Scamp, and big deal, I sold a sign on oldgas. You found that by searching my user name, not my real name. So, maybe you're the one who needs to learn how to google. If you have a problem, why not send me a private message instead of bashing me in public? You talk about respecting newbies, and this is coming from you? The beanie babies comment is totally disgusting.

Last edited by 72Scamp; Sat Apr 18 2015 07:40 PM.

Ed from South Jersey
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved