Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Condolences to Dick's wife and family. What a shock to learn of this. Like everyone in the umpteen pages before me, there are projects around here that got finished only because of DB's knowledge and help. R.I.P. Mr. Bennett.

ROD [Mich.]
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
As an educator, my stock in trade is words. At this moment, I have none adequate to describe such a feeling of loss for a man I never met. I even avoided sparring with him because I knew that I would lose. I have counseled several folks in PM's that once you get over Dick being a dick the probability of receiving an education would be increased exponentially.

One of the things that strikes me is that he never bragged about what his collection entailed, only referring to an item he possessed in the context of the question or issue that was being discussed. He only used it as a vehicle to impart knowledge, not to stroke his ego.

Rest in Peace, DB.

Collecting the Mississippi companies:
Billups, Southland, Rose Oil,Crystal Oil, Barq's
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Something we've all forgotten to mention. Thanks for serving this beautiful country of ours Dick. Godspeed

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Oh my god , I have been off the sight for about a day and half and just read about DB.This is very hart breaking news. Very sad to hear this, I had the pleasure of meeting Dick Bennett when he came over to my house to see my little collection when I was first starting out, on his way to Iowa Gas And he gave me one of his oil cans I was proud to meet him. and also he was wealth of knowledge and encouraging for my collection and very helpful with even how to do things on the computer for oldgas.com

He was one of the greatest assets to the hobby, Will be truly missed by many . RIP Dick Bennett

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I just learned of Dicks passing here in Indianapolis at the NHRA Drag races. I never met the man but like many, talked to him on the computer having many interesting conversations. I too am 64 and just feel so bad that he was not able to get adequate health care when he needed it the most. My heart felt condolences to his family and I will miss him like Kyle Moore and the others that have passed over to the other side. RIP Dick you were and still are one of the great ones in the hobby. We will meet, Rest in peace.

C
C
R.I.P. brother

O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
I never met the man,but enjoyed his passion and comments..
Picture compliments of google

Rest in peace Mr. Bennett (or in a pile of rusted pumps)

Last edited by oldpumper; Sat Aug 30 2014 10:15 PM.
arw Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Many many thanks for his help and many heavy hearts will be felt as the years of knowledge are lost. I'm glad to say he gave me great advice and did it in his own way!!
With all my respect, I will miss DB

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
My thoughts and prayers go out to Dick's wife and his family. What a wealth of knowledge he had for the hobby. I always looked forward to Dick's response to a post and appreciated his guidance on projects. He will be missed.

S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
R.I.P

Mike
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: arw
Many many thanks for his help and many heavy hearts will be felt as the years of knowledge are lost. I'm glad to say he gave me great advice and did it in his own way!!
With all my respect, I will miss DB

Alan-- I'm sure DB would wish you a speedy recovery if he were here! I'm glad to see you have recovered enough to post here on Old Gas! I'm so glad you have made it thru this experience and will be able to continue on with the rest of us! Good to hear from you!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
Condolences to Dicks family & friends... he will be missed by all.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It has all been said many times here the past couple of days.
I have nothing to add, but sorry for your loss to Dick's family.
I hope someone will post Dick's obituary.

And thanks "blacktee" for letting us know he was a "Brother In Arms". I hope his wife will contact the Veterans Affairs Department and request an appropriate tribute at his funeral. I had no idea he served, when, where or what branch.
RIP Dick.

Last edited by Old Racer; Sun Aug 31 2014 04:17 AM.

Email :john@barnquiltshop.com

"The Fun Is In The Hunt"
Web site: www.barquiltshop.com/
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
United States Navy

In memory of DB 9/12/49 - 8/28/14
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
My thoughts and prayers go out to Dick's wife, family and friends at this very difficult time. I have had many contacts with Dick through the years here on oldgas since the early days of this site but never met in person. His great knowledge of gas/oil stuff will be missed.
Rest in peace.
Rod

Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved