Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#539149 Sat May 31 2014 05:28 PM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
i have not been around for about 1 month i have been on the highway to hell literally i have had the most bizarre 2 weeks of my life it all started with a dam truck i just had to have for building a custom hot rod project. my dad an i drove across 4 states to pick up this truck at this point i got there i was tired an up for 3 days with no sleep i got the truck all hooked up on the tow dolly an left town made it 5 miles then the fenders on the dolly started smoking an rubbing so spent an hour bending the fenders back into place,then the truck was coming loose so made a trip to the store bought chain's an binder to chain the truck down for safety another 2 hour's time finally ready too go 11:30 pm just got turned around an SNAP the tongue on the trailer snapped off at this point i didn't know weather to laugh or cry as i though is anything else going to go wrong it was too much to handle i had too get a motel an sleep i just was drained an could not think straight at the point so i left the truck where the trailer broke down an went back home then i decided to call an auto shipper after 4 days of phone i could not get much so i was able to rent a full flatbed from u-haul an made trip #2 all the way back am i crazy ? at this point probably. well i got all hooked up an finally made some mile's till about 10:30 at night i stopped on the side of the road an a major fuse in the van blew no,taillight's no dash light's or hazard light's great i continued my trip then got stopped by highway patrol an sheriff 3 times in 1 hour thanks guy's for delaying my trip 2 more hours keep in mind this is the middle of the night so i stopped for 30 min checking fuse's under the dash what a pain in the ***** trying to see fuses way behind the dash i just gave up an said ***** it an keep driving i made it up to nebraska then the police stopped me again an said that the plates on my van where false an not valid an i said your full of ***** cuz i got the receipt from DMV proving the plates are fine an i paid for the tabs well he didnt care an striped my plates from my van anyway then wrote us a ticket for 90.00 an i can mail the payment from minnesota or drive back to nebraska to face court well i got back too minnesota an told um to pretty much shove it im in a bad mood i aint paying you your 90.00 dollar's feel free to drive to minnesota an arrest me if your feel you have too an that was about all the was said so that that was my 2 weeks of hell an back twice what a dam night mere

Sarcasm Is Just One More Free Service I Offer !
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
SHEETZ, send a Boy to do a Mans Job! LOL
Should have rented a Car Hauler Trailer from U-Haul while you were there.
I received a bill from Colo after returning from Iowa Gas for $1.30 Toll Road Fee! You know dang well it cost them more in time & postage to collect the fee.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That's a bad run of luck ! . Good thing you didn't loose the tongue at highway speeds , things could have been a lot worse .Them old 60s chevy trucks are made of some metal , not like the china junk and plastic of today's trucks . 3 years ago i was at a gas station and both my kids stayed in my 65 chevy 1 ton with a 5.9 cummins while I was putting gas in a stump grinder we rented . Dummy me left the key in the ign. and my son reached over and started it . It was in 1st gear and started up and starting ramming a 2004 chevy truck that was parked at the pump across from me ,before I could get in it and shut it down . All it did was scratched the paint a little on mine but did 1800.00 in damages to the other vehicle . Luckily no one was hurt or injured . Not installing a neutral saftey switch on that old truck was not a smart choice on my part .

I like SINCLAIR and old American made stuff ... No china items.
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
it's a night mere i don't ever wanna talk about again LOL

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
There is a reason why tow dolly's have max weights listed on them. Usually when things start breaking it's a good indication that you're past their rated safe towing capacity weights.

Driving without your tail lights, hazard lights and ect... is very dangerous and inconsiderate to everyone else using the highway/roadways.

Fail to see why such a negative tone towards the police who are merely enforcing the laws and doing their jobs to keep everyone safe...and that includes you.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
I agree with Dave. It is very dangerous to travel with no lights at night. Obviously, it was not your intention, you were tired, and a bit upset. That was no reason to put yourself and others in danger. I also understand why you were stopped so many times by the police. They were trying to avert trouble before it could happen. You had a difficult couple of days. Chill out now that it's over and learn from your experiences. You might now think so now but, some day you will tell this story and laugh! Paul www.severngaspumps.com

gasmansgp #539397 Sun Jun 01 2014 07:00 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
He will remember back some day wondering why he wasn't in a bad accident [as I'm sure a Lot of us have] Trying to get too much done w/o Sleep. You never make good decisions when your tired, whether it's working on pumps, cars, driving, etc.

H
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
H
Originally Posted By: toychaser2005

Right back at ya..... Looks like you had better stick to chasing "toys". grin grin wink

huskybob #539732 Tue Jun 03 2014 12:13 AM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
ya i think your right i still play with car's an truck's they just got bigger an more expensive LOL

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Should have used MORE Zip Ties!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved