Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
I'm 36 been collecting gas/oil since 99/00 when ebay and the internet really got going. Just started searching ebay for any thing I could think of. Somehow I came across old gas station stuff and really liked it. I bought my first two pumps and globes from Ron Bettin in 01 and have been collection ever since.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Just turned 56 on June 3rd. Been collecting most of my life after learning to love automobiles while hanging out at the neighborhood Pure Oil station back when I was driving only a Rupp minibike.
Survey made me feal a lot better about where this hobby is going. I know there were lean years collecting for myself when other things in life were more important so it's very nice that this should go on for generations to come.

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
38. At the rate I'm going I'll be broke by 39...

Looking for Tulsa Oil Globes, any Tulsa-based cans, Troco anything, Bosch signs and clocks, original VW dealership stuff and original white capcos!
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
66. I've been interested in cars since I was a teen and have a 66 Mustang I bought in 1974. Saw my first restored gas pump at Hershey and thought it was pretty neat. A neighbor gave me a Tokheim 39 he wanted to get out of his yard in 95. 200 plus pumps latter, along with more than 500 quart cans, some globes and some signs and I guess you can say I'm hooked.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
41. Grew up around street rods and muscle cars and was always at weekend car shows with my family. Got turned on to collecting Cities Service around 15yrs ago by an Uncle who collected Sinclair. Apparently I had some history in our family of another great uncle who ran a Cities Service station in Springfield IL in the 50's-60's and a grandfather who had a station. Managed to get a few mechanical pencils from his station, but that's about it. My Cities collection started with a few maps and has progressed into many globes and signs and more cans and smalls than I can even keep track of. Mainly only buying signs these days, but still cannot resist anything unusual or really old in Cities Service that I don't have. Trying to fill the walls in my garage of a '68 RS/SS Camaro convertible that was my first car purchased when i was 15 that i still own. Have not gotten the pump bug yet, mainly due to space, but I'm sure I would if I could.

Collecting most things related to Cities Service, Galena Oil, Hi-Speed Gas, Sunoco & Richfield.
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
I'll turn 50 in three weeks.
...my back says I'm older.

G
G
I'm 38, but not a huge collector yet. I have a dozen or so small pieces and just got a lubester today. Had a pump a dozen or so years ago but a guy I worked with wanted it so I haven't had one since. Not easy for me to track down in my area for some reason (that are priced appropriately)

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I'm 42,bought my first can when I was allowed to tag along with my father to the flea markets at age 10.

Daryl
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Im 22 and got interested in this about a year ago.

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
63 My interest in Visible Pumps started when my Dad gave me the White Eagle globe from the station that he owned in the 1930's

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Im 18... I started when I was 14.

Braden Splichal

N
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
N
Getting old..25

R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
45 here

i'm 38 years old, my brother and I always "junked" around together in alleys, yard sales, estate sales etc. etc. when we were kids (started around 10-12 years old?) i always looked for automotive stuff and always liked signs, and thats how i ended up collecting signs and automotive stuff, it seems that the stations back home were really old for the times, i guess the old stations and the memory lane have a lot to do with it too, the thrill of the hunt or turning up something cool in an old building or scrap yard is still a rush.

Last edited by ritnc; Mon Jun 24 2013 12:37 PM.
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
WOW I was 53 when I 1st posted and this topic was started by Jim.
I'm now 56. Time flies when your having fun.

Good to see the younger collecters, we maybe just keepers of this stuff after all.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved