Next Thread
Print Thread
#406385 Mon Apr 01 2013 07:09 AM
O
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
O
Just express your thought's on how oldgas has benefited you and this hobby. Where would some of you be without it? It may or may not be leaving,but if it does we all are losing tons of valuable information.
I have alot of respect for Jim and the moderators for putting up with the headaches that they occur on a daily basis,babysitting is not what this site should be about.
There have been some great threads and conversation with many experienced collectors,let's hope it is here to stay,give Jim your thought's. -off my soapbox-

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Alot of solid information and great people with alot of experience! Thanks OldGas!

Always buying and selling Neon Dealer signs pumps air meters
www.porcelainneonsigns.com
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
In short, Knowledge! A great source and data base! Not being retired or someone who's job takes me cross country, it would be difficult to enjoy the hobby at the same level without such a source.
And despite the occasional difficulties, great people!

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
H
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
H
For me, it's a wonderful break in the day at my office or in the evening, just a relaxing experience. There is so much information on this site and it's been really great meeting so many of you guys and gals at Columbus and Iowa and put a face with a name. GREAT site and I never go through a day without logging on more then once

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
For me,Oldgas is a moment of sanity to retreat into when the real happenings going on in this hobby get to me.On here,at least in most cases,we have interesting people at all stages of development in the hobby discussing things other than those objectives driven by greed and jealously.To me that means a lot.

I say that because when the hobby becomes all about moneyand a competition designed to put another collector down in some way the fun is gone for me.Is it necessary to correct someone on here at times?Yes,I think it is if we are to continue as a source of reliable information,Is it OK to be mean about?No,I think not.

I will admit that I do not always practice what I preach,but at least I'm working at it.LOL.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...about 15 years ago I googled "gaspump" and one of the first (if not the first) replies I got was something from Oldgas.com. I have been here literally every days since that day.

I have written a couple of emails to Jim (that I haven't sent) regarding people who constantly have bad behavior, but decided that the best way of changing those people is to show what I got, use good manners and contribute in a positive way, myself.

Oldgas certainly mean a lot to me - thank You, Jim... and all of you guys that keep on helping and sharing!

cheers!
Claes

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
For me Oldgas is a place: where I have "acted the Fool" at times... A place where I am continuously gaining knowledge and learning new aspects of the Hobby... A place where I have made new friendships! Some of these friendships have become "Face to Face encounters... Others have been and will be by Email, Website and Phone... But, they are still greatly appreciated interactions that are friendships to me...

Oldgas is an avenue where Collectors can come together and discus the Hobby... It gets heated at times and opinions can be vocal and varied... I don't always agree and I know that many times others don't agree with me... But, Jim and Oldgas is a platform where we can all voice an opinion (atleast until a Moderator, shuts us down.... LOL)

Oldgas and those that Host the different "Speciality" Threads allow me the opportunity to view items, I most likely would never run across. The COTM: gives me better insight into the History of our Hobby and the Company's that made/make it great...

Since I have gotten sicker, Oldgas and it's Members have made many "bad times" much easier to handle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So a big Thank You to Jim, Oldgas and It's Members!!!!!!!!!

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
I say it a lot to new members its the best site on the net for petro collectors. I have learned a ton the short time I have been a member.

Thanks Jim and the moderators who keep it going and make it happen on a daily basis.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Never ending Knowledge . A lot of sharing.
Wish I had more to give. I like to see grown up people get excited . Puts some balance to life.

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Place to watch the post, answers to them, and get some laughs from them. Interacting with people who need and have like minded items and their knowledge.

Craig
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Please hear me out. I don't feel Old Gas has helped me much other than giving me a place to sell some of the stuff I want to get rid of.

What Old Gas has given me is an avenue to pass on all the info I have either in my file drawers or in my head.

Old Gas is an avenue for information, Jim has done a great job just keeping it on a level situation, we should not be asking what Old Gas had done for us, we should be asking, what have we done for Old Gas.

Just in case this is confusing, take a look at what Tim Rohr is doing for the gas pump collectors with his work on the indicators. This is the type of things we all should be doing for this website.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved