Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#399581 Thu Mar 07 2013 06:35 PM
S
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
S

Isn't this the guy that this forum seems to think sells only fakes??

Would you say this Sunoco sign is fake?

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
Steven C. #399585 Thu Mar 07 2013 06:38 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
He sells fake and touched up stuff a lot. He has some negative feedback that shows some of his disgruntled buyers too. He has had some cool stuff before in the past but I just stay away from his stuff all together because I do not feel that I can trust his stuff.

jwood7 #399588 Thu Mar 07 2013 06:42 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I can't touch it and pics are not magnified to well, but it looks real to me. Just sayin' but I could be wrong. I would stay away if you're not even 99% sure.

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I have heard some bad stories on this seller so if it was me I would steer clear!!

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Steven C. #399592 Thu Mar 07 2013 06:48 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
No one ever said he only sells fakes. He "IS" the person that sells the fake T53 Pegasus, and has sold a LOT of them. Quite often he has some really nice original pieces, but I never bid on any of his stuff for the simple reason that he does sell fake signs to an unexpecting public with absolutely no remorse!
I saw him at Peotone and he bought quite a few things at the auction sale and during the swap meet. He attends Columbia and Peotone both that I know of, and seems to know quite a few people.He seems to be really into this hobby but from his actions on ebay, I'd never trust him, and if you don't have trust in this hobby, you don't have anything!
As far as the Sunoco sign, it looks real to me.

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
K W FRITH #399601 Thu Mar 07 2013 07:21 PM
S
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
S
Yah I probably over stated that. I remember know that it was all about the t-53's.

Kevin you are absolutely on it with the call on the ethics.

Thanks all for the imput!!

Steve Coppens
Steven C. #399651 Thu Mar 07 2013 11:50 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Guys As I have said before Littleshanno is a woman named Shannon. I purchased a rare Deep Rock sign from her recently and have gotten a hard to find Pure Oil sign a year or so back. She sells both repops and originals and the service has been great.

Now wether their is a husband or boyfriend that buys, I have always gotten notes from her with the purchases.

I dislike the T-53 signs just as much as the rest of you but she doe's have some good stuff at times and that Sunoco sign is not a repop.

The old used car lingo applys here ...there's a sucker born every day but it's the smart ones who know what to buy and when.

Last edited by Mike M.; Thu Mar 07 2013 11:52 PM.

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
Mike M. #399653 Fri Mar 08 2013 12:37 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Just because a thief takes a day off to work honestly once in a while doesn't make them less of a thief. Certainly they shouldn't be praised for being honest "sometimes"
Originally Posted By: Mike M.
Guys As I have said before Littleshanno is a woman named Shannon. I purchased a rare Deep Rock sign from her recently and have gotten a hard to find Pure Oil sign a year or so back. She sells both repops and originals and the service has been great.

Now wether their is a husband or boyfriend that buys, I have always gotten notes from her with the purchases.

I dislike the T-53 signs just as much as the rest of you but she doe's have some good stuff at times and that Sunoco sign is not a repop.

The old used car lingo applys here ...there's a sucker born every day but it's the smart ones who know what to buy and when.

Neil Gerrard #399657 Fri Mar 08 2013 01:58 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I agree with Kevin & Neil. I wouldn't support a crook by buying items from them. Simply put, I hate liars and thieves!

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Dave's Garage #399671 Fri Mar 08 2013 06:11 AM
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
I agree with Kevin 100%
Shannon is the little disabled lady that follows him around.
They are simply out for the greed of things. They know the hobby and collectors. They know if they mix it up with original stuff then most people will still bid on their items!
There needs to be an absolute refusal to buy their items regardless OR it will only get worse.
The guy had HUGE wads of cash and bragged about how much he has made on ebay! Bad News!
PS: The sunoco sign looks 100% original!!! But BEWARE!!!!
Why would anyone support a known crook? All it does is give him more money to rip more people off???
Mike M, If you bought a car from him for your own child and it was a lemon you take it right back and move on wouldnt you???
OR WOULD YOU GO BUY ANOTHER OF HIS LEMMONS???

Tom
219-778-3155
signchaser@comcast.net
Looking for early wolfshead signs and hoosier pete signs or globes
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It does appear that nobody has problems selling him stuff at peotone and other shows, maybe he should be blackballed and not dealt with at all.

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Absolutely no way I'd think about buying from them. Kevin pegged it, and Neil, Tom, Dave have put the nails in the coffin so to speak. One bad apple does ruin the whole bunch for me.

Signs&Neons #399714 Fri Mar 08 2013 08:52 AM
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Being from Illinois,I've crossed paths with her before.
She is her own worst enemy by selling both fake & real items,with no remorse or claiming ignorance.
Her water is muddy,and one I will never enter.

Cold Pizza #399733 Fri Mar 08 2013 10:30 AM
S
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
S
Nuf said for me. They have two decent Sunoco's posted. But I won't be bidding. I'll leave it to God to bring me another one some day if it was meant to be.

FWIW, I wrote asking for better pics of both. Still yet to hear from them.

Steve Coppens
Steven C. #399743 Fri Mar 08 2013 12:24 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Ok since I don't know shannon or her husband personally, I just want it to be known that I'm not agreeing with them selling unmarked repops along with originals and I see that they have stuff listed that they got in the peotone auctions.
I feel that you guys think I'm wrong for having bought originals from them. I buy through E-bay only when the price of an item is selling for a decent price and That is what I watch for on there.

I just want to ask this question and please be honest as I'm not on here to start anything as I know and have met many of you @ Iowa Gas or auctions and I consider anyone TRUELY in this hobby as a friend.

As I do in my collection, I have that one sign that I always have wanted and keep looking for a deal..... If littleshanno had that sign for sale thats you have always wanted or a Beacon / Harbor gas pump plate that was going for a good price can you honestly say, I'm not bidding on that because they also sell repops????

And again guys< I'm one of you and hate those T-53 and others so bad I'd like to turn them all in for trademark violations or beat them with a bat!!!

Somewhere in this hobby we have to have a Lawyer who must know somehow if we can turn in these unathorized signs.

Please answer honestly and let me know. Thanks

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved