Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I've never had a problem of any kind with Dan's auctions;timely shipping,careful packing and so on.I also agree with okoil in that I think his grade ratings are very conservative.As a matter of fact,when he says 8.9 I almost always think in terms of a 9 plus.I would a lot rather have it that way,rather than going the other way.

I agree that it all boils down to trust.I do and I will continue to participate when something I want comes along.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have had fun buying from and selling to Dan. He's a good guy. Always good for a conversation. Hopefully he makes it out to John's show this year.

I don't know, I just looked through the auction results and, yes, there were some very high prices on some signs but those had condition and rarity going for them. Some of those may never be seen for awhile.

I thought there was some nice stuff in the $200-$400 range that was nicer and went for less than that auction I just attended in western NY and didn't have anyone from oldgas land that I saw and no internet bidding.

I thought lot 478 Cole Aero car sign and lot 303a the John Deere chilled plows were decent buys for someone. Those are fairly rare pieces.

I know you have to add up to 18% if you bid through Proxybid, but at least the opportunity was there for people that couldn't attend. Just the price of doing business. I was working while the auction took place and I had alredy spent my allowance at the auction I went to earlier in the month.

Some auction houses are getting close to that 18% or above for just in house auctions.

Always looking for Ithaca Gun and Lucky Sam soda items!!!

T
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
T
As said in this link,
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=393743&gonew=1#UNREAD

I Read the fine print and If I hadn't and said something on this site, the would have been Hammer because I didn't read the fine print. I only ask the question and Never said Dan wasn't Honest, and If he was doing this He would be Honest disclosing it. Dan's auction is the only online auction I will/do participate in and got one item on friday, was only trying to clarify the terms.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Where do you view the auction?

Anything MICHELIN and early graphic tin signs
The auctions are over. You can view results of the Friday auction at this link:

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/Catalog.asp?aid=61528&p=5&sort=0#cnTb

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings