Page 1 of 2 1 2
#397781 Thu Feb 28 2013 06:23 AM
M
Mattgas Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
Here is the link to the Peotone Auctions starting today at 6:00 pm.

Auction Catalogs

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Can't make it that far North this time, but just went in and placed alot of bids........ :-)

T
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
T
Quote from Proxibid
"PLEASE READ: At the request of the auction company, this auction permits bids to be placed by the auctioneer, an employee of the auctioneer, or the seller or an agent on the seller's behalf. While Proxibid's Unified User Agreement prohibits this behavior, in accordance with UCC 2-328, this auction is permitted to engage in this activity by providing this clear disclosure to you, the bidder.
PLEASE READ: This auction company has requested and been granted access to see all bids placed including any maximum pre-bids. This auction is permitted to engage in this activity by providing this clear disclosure to you, the bidder."

This seems to me to be a conflict of interest.Auction company gets commission from the seller and a commission from buyer,but also allow to bid. My view at the Very lease this is putting a Reserve on Some items or maybe All items.

Would like to know if the Auction Company would care to Respond??

M
Mattgas Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
All items are sold absolute at my auction.

IF YOU DO NOT TRUST ME THEN IT IS YOUR RIGHT NOT TO BID.

We have not change anything that we do at Matthews Auction.

Proxibid change their terms late last year and we did not know what we were agreeing to. These terms will not be on our Proxibid page starting with the CTO auction.

If you have any question call Dan at 217-259-7059.

P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
I have known Dan for years and he has always been a stand up guy.

Thanks, Phil
T
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
T
Originally Posted By: philmccauley
I have known Dan for years and he has always been a stand up guy.

Well I have also,but I'm only reading what the disclaimer says Phil!!

Thank you for the response Dan.

O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
I won't be bidding. ;;;;;;;Ron Lease-Collector.

P
P
Sounds like some folks on here have never been to a live auction before. There are several situations where it's completely appropriate for the auctioner or his employees to bid during an auction. Some buyers prefer to bid via telephone during an auction, and others who don't have reliable, high speed internet connections may choose to leave absentee bids. In both cases, the auctioneer or his employees bid for these buyers.

All states licence auctioneers and the profession has a code of ethics they must adhere to. Accepting/placing fictitious bids during an auction is unethical and would eventually lead to a license suspension. Besides, doing it on a regular basis will result in the auctioneer buying a bunch of stuff for his own account, which isn't the business they're in.

Richard

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
lot of great stuff here & I'll be bidding.....Dan has always been great, treats people with respect and dignity and gets it back from me. i really don't care about much else and will only bid what i can afford, if i don't get it,oh well, another may come along tommorrow....he will even deliver it to a show...customer service is the best!!!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Prices seem to be super strong today in my opinion. Bid on 12 items and didn't even come close. Some really great signs!

~Jason

6 ft signs & rare pump plates – Signal, Hancock, Mohawk, Polly, Flying A, Douglas, Richfield, PDQ, Stinker, Beeline, Neon , Dealership.

T
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
T
Originally Posted By: Pegasus
Sounds like some folks on here have never been to a live auction before. There are several situations where it's completely appropriate for the auctioner or his employees to bid during an auction. Some buyers prefer to bid via telephone during an auction, and others who don't have reliable, high speed internet connections may choose to leave absentee bids. In both cases, the auctioneer or his employees bid for these buyers.

All states licence auctioneers and the profession has a code of ethics they must adhere to. Accepting/placing fictitious bids during an auction is unethical and would eventually lead to a license suspension. Besides, doing it on a regular basis will result in the auctioneer buying a bunch of stuff for his own account, which isn't the business they're in.

Richard

Oh,I've been to one or two of Dan's and been know to be at a few more. Your right I have seen those fictitious bids,phone and internet bids from Buyers, but have never been to an auction that says they may place bids for the SelleR so I'm a novice at that.

Good luck on your auction and move to Texas
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=392969&page=1

O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
Dan is one of the few auctioneers that I trust. His auctions are honest. He is very accommodating regarding delivery and his condition ratings error on the side of conservative.

Collect small Oklahoma Oil Co.'s 1920's-1940's. Barnsdall, Cushing, Eason, Marland, etc.

P
P
I'd like to retract the 1st sentence from my previous post on this topic. It was an unnecessary comment that added nothing to the points I was tryimg to make. Sorry if anyone was offended..........

Richard

Last edited by Pegasus; Fri Mar 01 2013 09:29 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Alot of what is being talked about her is "alot about nothing". You either trust the auctioneer or you don't. Personally, I trust Dan 100%. End of story. I have been to many, many of his auctions, bid on the internet when not there, and have NEVER had any reason to not trust what was going on. These sites like Proxibid only put stuff like that there to cover their rears. I am sure Dan will get it fixed. IMO, if you don't trust the auction, don't bid! Its that simple.

One other thing, like Daryl said, "Costumer servive is the BEST out there". If you go to shows, Dan will bring it to you without charging shipping. I don't recall any other auction house doing stuff like that. He is a stand-up guy........

Last edited by roger cherry; Sat Mar 02 2013 08:41 AM.
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Originally Posted By: pollyman
Prices seem to be super strong today in my opinion. Bid on 12 items and didn't even come close. Some really great signs!
Ditto!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved