Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#386776 Thu Jan 17 2013 11:56 AM
OP Offline
Sinclair pump plate thats a repo and also been bent. Sinclair never offered a curved pump plate
Sinclair fake pump plate

Also another fake. Sellers description just a super sharp old sign that would display great Another from same seller

And last but not least from same seller is this Golden shell motor oil pump plate thats going currently for $425 Looks like a fake to me, the back of the sign says new new new to me. Im not a shell guy so I can't say for sure on this one Shell sign

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
there are a few other items on his list that are the same as subject sign, hasn't been on ebay 2 mo. yet.
the way the bidder history is listed looks a little shady, trying to hide something by manipulating
the outcome - people put the bid history like that throws up a red flag.. cool

Last edited by advertologist; Thu Jan 17 2013 12:40 PM.

RANDY
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I wondered about that Golden Shell Motor Oil sign also. Just for kicks I've been watching it on ebay. I questioned where the grommets where located on the sign and thought the back looked fishy too but I can't say that I know for sure either. Plus when I see what looks like new rust where the porcelain is missing on a sign, that usually scares me away.

Jason Howard
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: hobbies4howie
I wondered about that Golden Shell Motor Oil sign also. Just for kicks I've been watching it on ebay. I questioned where the grommets where located on the sign and thought the back looked fishy too but I can't say that I know for sure either. Plus when I see what looks like new rust where the porcelain is missing on a sign, that usually scares me away.

If Golden Shell were real it wouldn't have any grommets in it. An orig. has slide brackets on the back of the sign.. cool

RANDY

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved