(Blushing) Stop it!!!

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
TheRoyalCrown, By looking at some of your posts, I know we are about the same age and both college students. I don't know how long you have been around this hobby, or the antique/collectible field. I have been around it my whole 20 years on this earth, and activly selling for the last 10. That is a drop in the bucket to many of the veteran collectors out there. If there is one thing you must learn, it is "Children are to be seen and not heard". I am not calling you or anyone a child. I refer to this saying because new collectors/novice collectors(INCLUDING MYSELF), many consider as children. They do not want someone who has only been at this a little while spouting their opinions. They worked hard to be able to voice their opinions, and they want us to do the same. Nothing was ever gained for free, but by hard work, and a good attitude much can be obtained. I hate to see any young person upset with this hobby. Once again this I am not calling anyone out. But when one of the vets voices his opposing opinion to you, just sit back, listen to it, and try and see it from his perspective. Many times you will notice they are right or at least partially right. They have had years to form an opinion and base facts supporting it. Us on the other hand have only had a few years to do so.

Brandon W. Ferguson

Brandon Ferguson
Central City, KY
Farm Related Advertising
O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
You're wise beyond your years Brandon. Ron Lease ;;;;;;;;;;

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: oillease55
You're wise beyond your years Brandon. Ron Lease ;;;;;;;;;;

I agree with Ron. Very well said Brandon!

***Wanted*** Always looking for Oilzum, Kunz, and Husky Cans, Signs and Smalls.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: bwfergus
They do not want someone who has only been at this a little while spouting their opinions. Brandon W. Ferguson

...Brandon, I would add that if you are a new collector who has factual information (i.e., previously unknown documented evidence of when such-and-such a logo was used) that we all would like to hear about it...

...I would also say that the assumption that 'vets' have an obligation to answer any and all questions from whomever is just wrong-headed...Nicole once made an analogy (comparing asking questions of the more experienced, to spending a finite amount of gold coins) that I thought was spot-on...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Evidently TRC was standing too close to the drain plug when he pulled it loose!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Lmao!

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
Now I'm stuck in the drain pipe!

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Gulfiend,
If I gave the impression that I think the vets should answer any and all questions, that is not what I meant not do I think they should. It should be looked at as a PRIVLIGE for a veteran collector to answer questions.

Sorry if it came off that way!

Thanks,
Brandon Ferguson

Brandon Ferguson
Central City, KY
Farm Related Advertising
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved