Next Thread
Print Thread
#257939 Wed Jun 08 2011 03:01 PM
S
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S
AS I HAVE PROVEN MYSELF TO BE A NON EXPERT, DO YOU THINK THIS SIGN IS REAL? THE BACK OF THE SIGN HAS ME STUMPED WITH ALL THE RUST ON IT. THE SELLER HAS A TOTAL OF 6 OF THEM. I MIGHT BID ON IT? 290574925600

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Looks fishy to me.Has anyone ever seen an original of this type?

Robert

Searching For SunRay DX and Diamond Oil Signs
A
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A
Check his feedback. The last 2 buyers of one of his 6 signs were happy. If that means anything...

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It's real, for sure, without a doubt.There were many variations over the years with this particular sign ,some batches were super flimsy "no back bone" & others were heavy gauge steel & "real thick"! Red background logo ,white back ground logo,& esso extra "continuously improved" pump plates i have found these differences on!That particular seller ran into a lot of 12 near Houston TX ,i have done business with him in the past & also bought the two red logo pump plates that he had out of the lot !BE SURE TO LET HIM KNOW THAT SIGNS DAMAGE EASILY IN TRANSIT! LOL.....ACTUALLY ITS NOT FUNNY, BUT ONE OF THE PUMP PLATES I BOUGHT, HE ENDED UP LETTING ME HAVE BECAUSE IT LOOKED LIKE A "TACO SUPREME" WHEN IT SHOWED UP IN THE MAIL...."PACKAGED HORRIBLY" I'M SURE IT WILL SHOW UP IN A CRATE AFTER OUR EXPERIENCE,BUT THE SELLER HANDLED IT PROFESSIONALLY,AND I LEFT POSITIVE FEEDBACK REFLECTING JUST THAT!This sign came from him. good luck & i hope that helps some!

_1.jpg
Last edited by DIESEL; Wed Jun 08 2011 04:03 PM.

CHRIS
BUYING ANYTHING EARLY HUMBLE OIL CO.
BUY SELL TRADE ORIGINAL GAS PUMP PARTS
DIESEL #257953 Wed Jun 08 2011 04:38 PM
S
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S
THANKS FOR THE INFO CHRIS

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard