Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 16 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 15 16
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
55 & collected gas & oil & GM stuff off & on for about 20 years. Always liked old stuff,; kinda getting back into collecting car stuff again (flathead speed equipment, tripowers, factory dual quad set ups, etc.) Still get wound up over good west coast gas stuff tho!!!!

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I will be 54 in a couple of weeks and have been collecting for about 12 years now.
Always liked cars, all sorts and years and have been drivin' a 1966 Mustang Fastback for the last 29 years.
My first can was a Ford Brake Fluid, and shortly after I bought a pump, then 2 more, then...you know the story...
Focusing the first years on Mobil, then started to diversify a bit and buy things that I like from most gas companies.
//Claes

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
73 years old. Probably the first thing that I could say that I collected was guns. Not many but a few because I was hunting alot. About 18 or 19years old. Then I went to Germany in the army and came back with some beer mugs. So thats when I started collecting. Worked in a wrecking yard when I was 12. My boss bought a Standard station and I worked there during high school. Looking for pictures of that place so I can restore a pump like it had. I've got the globes. Went to work for Frontier Refining in 73 and retired in 2003. Brought my first gas pump home around 1995 and my first globe about the same time. I have a 41 Lincoln Zephyr so when I saw a Zephyr globe I had to have it. That was the beginning of the addiction. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it. Mitch

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
51 and still buying. I could have payed for my habit by selling some along the way, but i find it hard to let it go. LOL I got my first pump when i was in my 20's, from a buddy's aunts farm, it was a 10 gallon American and i still have it. I've got to work on the selling thing! LOL

Rare pumps, Chevrolet items, Goldon Tip Gasoline, Marathon (running man)
Cell # 1-502-396-3435 email lowright@aol.com
S
S
i will be 45 this year. i start about 5-6 years ago. i have 3 gas pumps,some signs and misc. things. my kids [two girls 13&16] like some of the thing i bring home.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I will turn the big 40 next Novemeber.I started collecting around 1991.Wow it's been 20 years.Where did the time go?
Joe

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Just turned 47 and been collecting gas/oil since I was about 28. Into cars/motorcycles etc.. before. My buddy and I found a Tokeim 39 on a farm, bought for $50 and restored. Did in Gilmore, so every time I went to cut the light on the date on the globe bothered me so I started calling around to find a real one. Got on the phone with Scott Benjamin and when he said one was worth about 7000 in 1992 a light went off in my head and I decided I wanted to collect real globes.... The rest is history....

A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
I'm 47 and started about 6 years ago. I was finishing my basement and thought a pump would look good down there. Well, it's now several pumps, an oil cabinet, a lubester, signs, globes, cans.....I can't help it.

Ed
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
I'm 35, been collecting seriously for about 15 years now.

I've always collected stuff, from coins to rocks to street signs... Was drawn to petroliana, especially signs, for reasons unknown.

The down side I'm not able currently to display all my signs since I don't have a shop building. I've built a pretty impressive collection though...

Last edited by DCpate; Tue Feb 15 2011 07:45 AM. Reason: added more info.

There's no stopping the Cretins from hopping
You've got to keep it beating for the hopping Cretins
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Turned 46 this past weekend.Have bee collecting stuff since I was 9 years old..My parents were Antique deales and I was pretty much raised in auction halls! Started with coins, then to tin toys...then took some time off to build a nice collection of lady friends...then settled down to collecting Ford stuff and now in the past 2.5 years have added Gas and Oil to the list.

Colin Latreille
Always looking for Quality Canadian Oil & Gas & Ford Signs
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Will hit the big Five O this year. Been collecting signs about 10 yrs. Collected,
Bugs, Rocks\fossils, matchbooks (wonder where those are) and vinyl records as a kid. Went to an auction to buy a Buick sign to go with my 70 GS. Fell in love with the look of a room packed with all different signs and the rest is history.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I almost slipped under the 60's wire,but not quite.I just turned 70.I've been collecting about 30 years(guns,RR lanterns,oil lamps,beer mugs etc)but really got into gas&oil about 10 years ago.I had some before that but wasn't really into it until I got my first pump.

At the time I was into old trucks and tractors and just wanted a pump to complement them.My first one was a short Tok 39.Now I have changed over almost completely to gas/oil/shop with a STRONG component of shop stuff like tools,tool boxes,spark plug cleaners and old tune-up equipment.I'm trying to layout displays in such a way that I can show many of the great things available to collect in this hobby in the hope that visitors to my plac will want to become involved.

BTY, I'm down to two trucks and no tractorsLOL>

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
64, I have been collecting something most of my life from baseball cards , match book covers, marbles and such when I was young to guns when I got out of the service to shoot, which I still do enjoy doing. I started on gas and oil about 16 years ago mostly Champlin related stuff as the Champlin refinery was in my home town just down the street from where I lived.

L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
I'm 53 and recently retired early,during cut back where I worked. Not sure I'm done working,but I have made it work so far.Was exposed to junk stores,flea markets early on as my dad dealt in antique furniture. He would repair, refinish,and we would load two vans full, and hit the flee market,in hopes we came home empty.Have collection of beer cans,small vintage motorcycles replicas,guns,just getting feet wet in gas,and oil,as garage is now empty,after running circle track race cars,for about 10 years. Wasn't sure I fit in topic, but been collecting something all my life.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Right now looks like 73% are age 40 and up.

Page 7 of 16 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 15 16

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved