Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 16 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 15 16
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I just turned 53, I have been collecting for about eight years or so. Started out with a Gulf five quart can - been having a great time since. Brady

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
I'm 41 and started collecting at 25 after turning up an early Texaco grease tin while going through stuff for my grandfathers estate sale in Nebraska. That led to a few more cans, a gas pump, a couple signs...you know the rest of the story!
chris

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I am 44. I have been collecting sense a little kid. I have always liked old stuff. When I used to play with cars and trucks I wanted the old stuff from the flea market instead of new from the toy store. I got into petro in 1995.

I likeShell [Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I am 36 and started collecting around 12 years ago. I started because of my Grandpa. He was an avid collector several years ago and had over 100 globes in his collection and he would lite them up for me. I loved the colors and pictures of the globes. So when I got out of college and started working I went to an auction an bought a Texaco gill globe which started the madness. Luckly I was able to buy 5 of my Grandpa's globes but I wasn't able to buy the really good globes he had like the Musgo, Oil Creek or Aero globes.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
42. Been collecting for as long as I can remember. My family has always been "collectors" Met some really nice people in this hobby and through this forum. It's just alot of fun.

Always looking for Ithaca Gun and Lucky Sam soda items!!!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I loved playing w/ Gasoline when I was a kid!!!!!!
It went to my brain !!!!..LOL
When I was 6-7yrs ('68-'69) my cousin opened the fill cap on the tank and put this nozzle of this pump in the tank and started pumping.
I GOT IN MORE DANG TROUBLE,,,, playing w/ the gas pump !!!!

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
I'm 39 and according to my checkbook I've been a collector since 3-29-2010. Ok maybe I'm not a collector but more of a pump rescuer. This pump was owned by the children's museum in town and after they moved to thier new location they decided to get rid of it and they were going to take it to the dump. Shocked, I made a donation to the museum and it came home with me that day. Now....I'm hooked. But I could stop anytime, if I wanted to.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Life is like a video game. The more you play, the better you get!!!
I am now 55 and have loved antique cars for about 50 yrs. Have been woking on my 37 Buick for 25 years and just got back to it
3 years ago. The petro stuff came and went. I pumped gas at my dad's friends Pennzoil station around 1970. I remember buying gas at a country store dispensed from a visible. And about 1972 when a pal of mine moved into an older home asked me if I would like any of the old stuff in the garage before the former owner cleaned it out. About 25 pump globes all on the floor. Stacks of enamled signs against the walls. I was able to have 2 FLEET WING signs A FLEET WING with Ethel Globe and a Mobilgas with ethel lens. Never found out what happened to the rest.I still have these and display them.

H
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
H
Im 26. I've been collecting since I was 21. Always looking for nice Sinclair Stuff. Jeff

I am looking for Nice Condition Signs, Globes, Etc. from the Sinclair HC era and older for my Sinclair Station.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
DasFast1
Quote:
But I could stop anytime, if I wanted to.

FAMOUS WORDS, Maybe your wife Believes you BUT WE KNOW YOUR LYING!
YOUR ADDICTED [PERIOD]

P
P
I'm 64 and started collecting when the company I was working for (Superior Oil Company - Houston) was acquired by Mobil in 1985.

Richard

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
I'm 17. I was hauled around to all the auctions as a small child. It got in my veins. Started buying/selling/collection antiques around the age of 10. Its paid for a truck and continues to put gas in it, plus a little more! LOL

Brandon Ferguson
Central City, KY
Farm Related Advertising
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Old enough to know better...but still do it...58
I have always collected something...been collecting gas and oil for 15+ years but didn't get real serious until I retired and and had more time.
I have some cars and trucks, vintage and antque firearms, civil war currency, gas oil, country store related signs, and yada, yada , yada.... Years ago my wife said you need to find something else besides cars and trucks. Found my first sign (free) that 42' gulf sign had so many holes in it that it could be used as a pasta strainer. Hung my new find up and then a pump...a wayne 100. it was like a garnish on a plate to highlight the cars...
now years later my wife told me that if she had known that this hobby was more expensive that cars and trucks I would have told you to continue(LOL). Don't have as many cars and trucks a I use to, but sure have a lot more signs, pumps,globes, etc..
OBTW, I still have that pasta strainer and will never let it go.

Paddy
Wanted. Billups, Ride with Rose, Har-V, LORECO, STANOCOLA, Pan Am (early), Hurricane, Evangeline, Canal, Gulf Coast, oil companies.
T
TC Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Hi, I'll be 61 next Monday. Started in 1974 at a friends place, he had a clearvision double that intrigued me.Mostly been into cars before that. Paid 40 bucks for my first double back then and started collecting. I really liked globes, so now I have 140 Canadian globes and 2 pumps, service station double clearvision and service station ecometer, always looking for globes I don't have. I'll probably stop when I'm pushing up daisies. Ted Czerechowicz or Ted Alphabet.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I'm 20 and have been collecting old stuff for a while now. Usually just some small old things that I think are interesting and my first big old item was a score projector that I bought from a bowling alley that converted to automatic scoring. Spent a few days working on that thing and love it. Even made some parts in the metal shop at high school. Last year I got my second big item a 1960's pepsi machine and this year I got my first gas pump. Also got a few pop related items like a 7up clock from the 70's and a few pop cans (love those things since they are small and don't take up much space and I can afford them) Nothing too old but I like the stuff I got.

Page 6 of 16 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 15 16

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved