Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
gulfiend! #231952 Tue Feb 08 2011 06:39 AM
One thing for sure - you're not going to dictate to me how to run my business or my policies on my store - we're doing just fine, while you sure can't please everyone, I invite you to look through my feedback - we run a professional sign company and possibly move more signs then any other company. We didn't achieve this level by taking advantage of our customers.

I spoke to Miles regarding his images and so you guys don't drag another decent person into this "whipping post thread", I decided to remove his images to keep his good name out of the topic!

Regards!

Mikemas #231954 Tue Feb 08 2011 06:46 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Good idea, Miles surely does not need to be affiliated with a decieving seller.

I just feel bad for the buyers who find out they have been had by false representation

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
gulfiend! #231962 Tue Feb 08 2011 07:59 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
with all due respect Mike, these signs these guys speak of are fantasy signs never made in this size or form...Ford had a large one very similar but not that small.....

hey losthighway,not nice to try & kick a guy when he's down, you say "you can't stand all these people who pull these prices out of a magic hat" .I don't think its really relevant what you pay or how you come up with prices, hey if you own it you can ask a million if you want & pull it out of a magic hat....

"losthighway" that is a good name, a friend om mine from Washington "David Webb" named his museum that same name many years ago

Last edited by roadrelics; Tue Feb 08 2011 08:08 AM.
roadrelics #231972 Tue Feb 08 2011 08:51 AM
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
I agree about the tricky descriptions. "Item was auctioned off as an original item"

It sounds like your 100% confidant that these pieces are original, then why not say that in the descriptions?

D Phillips #232051 Tue Feb 08 2011 02:11 PM
Ok, I guess I'm going to have to jump up here every time I post a sign on my site to make sure it conforms to all the experts - heck maybe you guys can just ride over to the auctions with me to make sure each sign is OK

I just put up a few more signs maybe you guys should check them out to make sure they are original or are these pop's as well?

Last edited by Mikemas; Tue Feb 08 2011 02:20 PM.
Mikemas #232055 Tue Feb 08 2011 02:27 PM
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Mike

I want to know who signed off on 15 day passes for the expert bidders. I mean heads should roll down there !!!

Be patience Mike, we'll get to the bottom of all this . ; )

Last edited by blacktee; Tue Feb 08 2011 02:36 PM.
Mikemas #232056 Tue Feb 08 2011 02:34 PM
Online Content
Originally Posted By: Mikemas
Ok, I guess I'm going to have to jump up here every time I post a sign on my site to make sure it conforms to all the experts - heck maybe you guys can just ride over to the auctions with me to make sure each sign is OK

I just put up a few more signs maybe you guys should check them out to make sure they are original or are these pop's as well?

You are completely missing the point. It is not that all of your signs are not original, but how you word your auctions to trick somebody into thinking a sign is original with out saying its original. Perfect example, 200574356909 Why not just come out and say that this sign is a fantasy, because it is. End of story.

Ryan

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Or your flange signs, they aren't re-issues. They are smaller fake signs. Your AIR sign is a fake, did you buy it from TreasureRay?

Your fake "Old style" signs that you say are "real" porcelain in the header hoping to confuse the new collector, into thinking the signs are original.

The more people who read this thread and look closely at your words and your items, the less potential customers you will have, IMO.

You "play" with words to trick, potential buyers... It is your store and you can do what you like with it. But, you brought attention to your store, that you may not want in the long run. Thousands of people, members and non-members alike will read the comments posted here. A lot of those will now read your descriptions closely instead of skimming over them. They will see auction headers that don't match the descriptions. A 7 year old sign, is not vintage in any universe.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
Why can't you just say a copy , fake , or a remake of the original sign.....!m guessing you must have an upset buyer on here that bought 1 of your imposter signs......lol

Cities service, Vickers, Gas and Auto neons, next exit/ ahead signs and now I'm getting into globes....

AKA PARIS HILTON!
POLESIGNKID #232072 Tue Feb 08 2011 03:41 PM
Some very valid points have been made here.

Either Mikemas is going to take it constructively and change the way he chooses his words in auction descriptions or he chooses to ignore the points made here.

Let's not "kick a dead horse" with overstating what has been already said.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Oldgas #232103 Tue Feb 08 2011 04:47 PM
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
Why is he even a member here then.????

The post you mention is clearly marked:

Title: OLD STYLE 30" SINCLAIR DINO PORCELAIN SIGN 2 SIDE

Old style means just that - it is a copy of an Old Style sign.

The first line in the description says:

This item is a 30" Re-Issue of a vintage Sinclair Dino Station two-sided porcelain sign.

How much clear can I be? RE-Issue can only mean one thing " not original" I have sold hundreds of these signs and not one buyer ever came back saying they thought it was an original sign.

Looks to me as if only you experts are tripping up and not understanding the descriptions. My customers all know that we list our signs accordingly either Old Style or Vintage.

Originally Posted By: Ryan Underthun
Originally Posted By: Mikemas

You are completely missing the point. It is not that all of your signs are not original, but how you word your auctions to trick somebody into thinking a sign is original with out saying its original. Perfect example, 200574356909 Why not just come out and say that this sign is a fantasy, because it is. End of story.

Ryan

No I don't buy them from him and I pay over $100 each plus shipping for each sign. I generally sell these for $125 and after fee's, I net a whooping $10-15. I list them only as a convenience to my customers. Bottom line all the guys who buy the signs love them, they are worth more than what we sell them for. My vendor assures me the signs are original and refurbished. Any other questions?

Originally Posted By: Bob Richards
Or your flange signs, they aren't re-issues. They are smaller fake signs. Your AIR sign is a fake, did you buy it from TreasureRay?

Your fake "Old style" signs that you say are "real" porcelain in the header hoping to confuse the new collector, into thinking the signs are original.

The more people who read this thread and look closely at your words and your items, the less potential customers you will have, IMO.

You "play" with words to trick, potential buyers... It is your store and you can do what you like with it. But, you brought attention to your store, that you may not want in the long run. Thousands of people, members and non-members alike will read the comments posted here. A lot of those will now read your descriptions closely instead of skimming over them. They will see auction headers that don't match the descriptions. A 7 year old sign, is not vintage in any universe.

Mikemas #232126 Tue Feb 08 2011 05:33 PM
Looks like this guy will not change his ways. Beware of his auctions and murky descriptions.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved