Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#220060 Sun Dec 19 2010 11:27 AM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I've got an opportunity coming up to put a couple of pumps on public display for a couple of weeks, It will be in a building with minimal security and the pumps will be "roped" off like a car in a car show. My question is would you put the original globes on them or not? I'm not worried about the pumps, no one will walk off with those, but kinda worried about the globes walking off. What do you think?

Barry
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
bmclemore #220067 Sun Dec 19 2010 12:40 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Barry, I have some of my pumps in the local museum & some have original globes.
Pumps that are displayed w/ nozzles, PADLOCK. Visibles w/ pump handles, PADLOCK in close position.
Only item that has disappeared that P... me off was the BOWSER 300 Cloisonné emblems. Kids will be kids & so will a lot of Seniors, they can't read signs "Please Don't Touch" these items are on loan.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I agree with Dick. Lock the nozzle down. I have one on display at the dealership I work at and if they try anything it is grabbing the nozzle and pulling it out. Second is turning the reset. I have an original globe on it also with no problems but I tell most people it is a repop. LOL.

Keith

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
keithia #220088 Sun Dec 19 2010 02:32 PM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I had some pumps displayed at an historical weaving mall, right in front of the security camera. Even though they could be seen and identified, they still took a repro globe. Never caught the culprit. Personally, I'd not put a real globe on one. Just from my experience. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved