Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
S
This sign, actually 2 signs back to back on an angle, are hanging on a Jewish cemetery not to far from my house. I've driven by this place 100's if not 1000's of times in my life and never noticed these until just the other day. Looks like they could you a good dosage of Barkeepers. They are about 30 x 60. I did some checking and this cemetery was started in 1919. It looks to me like the signs could be that old based on their style. Hard to say.
Just wonder what you all think they might be worth a piece? I have no intention of asking if they are for sale. I was actaully thinking of contacting the cemetery and offering to clean them for them. Only take a few minutes.

ScreenShot010.jpg
Last edited by Steve C.; Mon Jan 26 2015 06:12 PM.

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WHY? They belong where they are!

Larry

In memory of DB 9/12/49 - 8/28/14
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I cleaned one for the church up the street. Actually,they threw it away and replaced it with a vinyl sticker sign. I got it and cleaned it up and made new brackets. I heard they were looking into replacing the new one so I offered the clean old one to them and they snatched it right up.

S
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
S
Originally Posted By: st.rod
WHY? They belong where they are!

Larry

I absolutely agree!! I was only curious. Like I said, I have no intention on trying to buy them or anything of the sort. I too love them right where they are!! I just wondered what kind of money these people have hanging on their fence. And I hope no thieves ever notice them. Where this is isn't a terrible neighborhood, but near by isn't the best either. Like I said, I may, if I can find the time, offer to clean them up for them! And I just wondered what something like this would be worth in the porcelain sign world. I'm thinking retail, give or take 4-5 hundred a piece.

Last edited by Steve C.; Mon Jan 26 2015 07:48 PM.

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Sometimes this type of situation need be left alone.A lot of sensitivity surround such a setting.Just my 2 cents.

Robert

Searching For SunRay DX and Diamond Oil Signs

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved