Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#586022 Sat Dec 13 2014 10:39 AM
R
OP Offline
R
Barrett-Jackson is pleased to have been selected to sell the Ron Pratte Car and Automobilia Collection. Ron is internationally reconized for his car collection but what most people don't realize is that he also accumulated an amazing 1,600 piece automobilia collection. We will be selling the collection January 10-18 in Scottsdale Arizona. All of the automobilia will be selling at No Reserve including 104 porcelian neon signs, over 800 tin and porcelain signs, 160 gas pump globes, 66 of the rarest pedal cars ever assembled plus more. There will be live, phone, absentee and internet bidding available.
We're still wrapping up cataloging his items but there's over 1500 pieces viewable on the on-line docket with more being added daily.

Here's a link:

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Ev...2015/01-19-2015

Also today (Saturday December 13) Velocity Channel (281 on Direct TV) will be broadcasting a one hour special on his cars and automobilia at 3:00 PM Central time.

Regards,
Rory

Last edited by Rory Brinkman; Sat Dec 13 2014 10:41 AM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'm counting down the days...... cool

The weather is sure to be better then Illinois LOL!

Ron Gordon
Cell: 815.762.2616
Email: flash03@comcast.net
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Rory,

Is there any chance Velocity will be broadcasting any of the Automobilia auction this year, considering the magnitude of this collection?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Anybody hear or know why he is selling it all?

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
R
OP Offline
R
Robert,
Unfortnately Velocity will only be broadcasting the car auction but will be showing highlights from the Automobilia Auction. I need Old Gas members to email Velocity expressing that they would love to see Autobilia broadcast also and hopefully in the future based upon deman it will happen.

Mike,
Mr. Pratte built one of the finest collections of Cars, Airplanes and Automobilia the world has ever seen and is now moving on to other interests including builiding a private race track at the Dunes. He also wants to spend more time flying and seeing the world. Ron worked extremely hard in life for everything he has and is a very charitable and philanthropic person. A true role model for us all.

Regards,
Rory

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thanks Rory, I always found him to be a easy going, polite and friendly guy for the wealth he has so you always worry about health issues. It's great to here he's just moving on to the next adventure!

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
If Ron had it I can imagine it is prime stuff.

I am always looking for anything Texaco or Oklahoma oil and gas company's, also I am a newbie at seeking globes.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Those globes would be awesome if they weren't upside down.

R
OP Offline
R
Rbonitz,

If you had a chance to see the television show or have seen pictures of the museum…the way Ron displayed his globes created a beautiful look…truly impressive.

We photographed all of the globes as they were hanging for the catalog. Since then they have all been taken down and the lenses have been rotated to proper placement (without any being damaged).

Regards,
Rory

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks Rory. I was just kidding. Have been thinking of trying to hang some of my globes...but I'd be too chicken to hang a glass one. Looking forward to the auction.

Ray

L
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
L
I have seen the special and it's done very well,but let's not forget with all the nice vehicles and memorabilia that this man has.He has donated lots of money to kids and veterans charities.
Kutos to you Ron a job well done
Jim

leonardoil
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Its going to be quite the auction!

Braden Splichal

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
If you buy the entire collection do you get the building for free to display it all? LOL, Should be quite the auction! Sad to see such an awesome collection go. Hopefully a good amount of it stays here on US soil.
-Anthony

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
At first, it looked pretty good. But I think the "That Good" looks kinda computer generated.

Good oil cans don't wait for people, people wait for them.
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved