Next Thread
Print Thread
#573700 Sat Oct 11 2014 06:38 AM
F
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
F
Anyone know how the porcelain panels attached to the outside of Sunoco and Gulf stations?Anyone have pictures?Thanks

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Give me the name of the manuf. of the station and I'll look it up.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
If the stations are concrete block with porcelain panel veneer there will be tabs that are welded to the panels. The panels will be nailed through the tabs into the blocks, or in some cases there will be wood furring strips attached to the blocks. In that case the panels will be nailed or screwed through the tabs into the furring strips.
There will be two tabs on each side of the panels. The tabs on the bottom and one side won't be fastened to the building. They'll be tucked under the adjacent panels. The tabs on the top and one side will be fastened to the building.

If the stations are steel frame the panels will likely be fastened to the steel structure with clips.

The back wall and interior partitions on some stations are full height vertical panels that interlock with each other.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved