Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I did not know Dick Bennett-I do know he was well respected on this forum -all we had in common was/is our age and years of collecting petroleum memorbilia. Each day is a precious day as we soon learn that we are not 40-50 and indistructable--
I was particularly struck by the outpouring and tributes to Dick-there is no question his contributions will be missed. I was also sad to read that his health might have been impacted by Obamacare-or inability to access medical treatments. This is so wrong and should be a wake-up call to all that sooner of later we all will be impacted by this misguided approach to medical care
my sincere condolences to his wife and family and may Dick Bennett rest in peace
Dann Foster

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Very sad to hear about Dick as the others sometimes we had exchanged emails.He always had something funny to say! I first meet Dick at Roy Reeds 15 plus years ago and he seemed like a Good Guy! Dick R.i.P. Jim

Last edited by hancock-oil; Sat Aug 30 2014 06:59 AM.

West Coast signs, globes and quarts
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Sorry to hear of Dick's passing. I will miss his posts and talking with him at Iowa. The hobby lost a great one. He was truly one of a kind. R.I.P.

-Matt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
DB and i sent pm's back and forth many times and had a good laugh. I sure will miss him. Prayers from the Wright Family on the way.

Rare pumps, Chevrolet items, Goldon Tip Gasoline, Marathon (running man)
Cell # 1-502-396-3435 email lowright@aol.com
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Wow, sorry to hear this. I met him briefly at Iowa a few years ago, but new him much better from browsing Old Gas. Quite a character indeed....

Prayers for the family.

Ryan

WANTED: Lonzo Oil, Pacer, Super Par Items
G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
I've been on this site for a few years. Dick and I communicated via PM's and were helpful to each other. He was amazing in his instant knowledge of this industry. There will be a large hole in this site that will never be filled by the quality that was Dick Bennett. We've lost a friend. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A very sad day in this hobby. I too learned a lot from Dick over the years. He will surely be missed........

Collecting most things related to Cities Service, Galena Oil, Hi-Speed Gas, Sunoco & Richfield.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I am very sorry to hear of DB's passing, my thoughts and prayers are with his family. I never had the pleasure to meet him but I fully understand the impact he had on this hobby. From reading all of these posts it sounds like he has a very large extended family, he will be missed by all.

P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
My condolences also, I've met and spoke with Dick several times at Iowa and enjoyed his comments and knowledge here on Oldgas, he will be missed greatly.

Still looking for that Union 76 ball
And I collect big old porcelain neon signs
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
So sorry to here Of the Passing of Dick Bennett. He made this hobby very enjoyable on this site. Wish I had a chance to meet with him. R.I.P.

E
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
E
Truly sorry to hear this news. His comments and unique posts on OG always made me chuckle. It's very clear to see he was a big asset to this community. DB will be missed.

Mainly focused on Oilzum, Jenney, Harris Oil items & original paint gas pumps.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Received a text from Mick. I am truly heartbroken with this terrible news. There was always a seat for you in "da shade" at Iowa. I will miss you raiding the da shade's big box of chicken for the wings. I will miss our occasional phone conversations, your wit, dry humor, knowledge, and most of all just being Dick. Years ago,the first time I meet Dick and Larry(St.Rod) he said to me "that's why they call me Dick".

Rest in peace my friend.

Last edited by texaspelican; Sat Aug 30 2014 07:27 AM.

Paddy
Wanted. Billups, Ride with Rose, Har-V, LORECO, STANOCOLA, Pan Am (early), Hurricane, Evangeline, Canal, Gulf Coast, oil companies.
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Wow what a shock just saw this. Dick's knowledge and his sense of humor was priceless. I knew Dick back in the 1980s when I lived in California for several years. So sorry and shocked to hear this. My condolences to his family. Scott B.

D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Another pioneer in the hobby gone.

Been seeing his posts for 15(?) years on oldgas...

R.I.P

There's no stopping the Cretins from hopping
You've got to keep it beating for the hopping Cretins
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Just recievd a text about Dick. The hobby has suffered a big loss as Dick was a valued friend and a house of knowledge. I will miss the orange at Iowa and the late nite PM's. Rest in peace my friend, and my heartfelt condolences to his wife and family.

Wanted early tin litho signage.
petro, farm, auto, etc.
Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved