Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
They have several nice original signs as well, so they may not know these are repops. I have sent them an email, so we'll see what happens. But just wanted everyone on here to know about these 3 signs so they didn't get burned.

FANTASY John Deere Sign ebay item # 181192327530
John Deere did make a sign like this, but not in this size.

Fake Ford sign ebay item # 181192747626
They say in the listing that most of these we marked, but this one is not. So I give them credit for acknowledging that, but they are still calling it original and vintage.

Fake Firestone sign ebay items # 400547732107

3 reasons why all repo garbage should be dated!!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Fake Firestone sign eBay items # 400547732107

Real McCoy has a white flange.. cool

RANDY
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
he is a member here on old gas prob should contact him before you put him on blast

collect jenney, independent oil co. , underhay oil co , valora motor oil and other massachusetts brands.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It's only going to get worse as the repops get better.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: marky
he is a member here on old gas prob should contact him before you put him on blast

Member or not, IF a seller is gonna be selling Un-marked Fakes on ebay eventually their items will be reported here & they will be Bashed.
There is NO EXCUSE for a "Professional Picker" [self proclaimed or not] to Mislead ebay buyers w/ foreign made UNMARKED signs. $$$ = GREED

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Shooting From The Hip........And Dont Care Where The Bullets land

see me at Mason Dixon Gas, Spring Carlisle M114-115, and Hershey C4E-35.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
If you are a member and are knowingly selling unmarked repops you deserve to be bashed on this site.

Last edited by s932; Sat Aug 10 2013 04:09 PM.

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sounds like SOME would have Protected Bin Laden IF he had been a Member! FIGURES.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Didn't know these items where fake or fantasy...we apologize....as you see in our listings we describe everything to the best of our ability. These signs have been taken down and we thank the first poster for pointing this out. Ask anyone we have ever dealt with and they will tell you we are straight shooters and upfront with everything we sell. This was an honest mistake and we obviously got a batch of signs and overlooked 3 fakes. This is the first and last post on this thread by me cause it is gonna get ugly.

Always buying and selling Neon Dealer signs pumps air meters
www.porcelainneonsigns.com
G
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
Mantiquers,

I give you guys credit for coming on here and giving us your explanation and taking the auctions down. As you can see in my original post, there was no bashing just wanting people on here to be made aware so they didn't buy those signs.

I figured you guys may not have known, and I stated that just to be clear. I noticed that you had several original pieces including one of the nicest examples of a Hood sign out there!

Best of luck, and I hate it that you guys got burned on a couple of the signs.

John

Last edited by Globes and Signs; Sat Aug 10 2013 04:56 PM. Reason: spelling
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thank You for pulling the auctions, But I think just Re-wording would have also been acceptable to most members.
Some members can't be Satisfied some of the time, let alone all the time.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I don't think it was the original post that got things going. Original poster was very fair and tactful.

It was Marky's post that stirred the pot and for no apparent reason. Good example of why some thoughts are best left not posted!

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Mantiquers thanks for doing the right thing my post was obviously not directed to you. Your sign is showing how unmarked repops are hurting this hobby. If you and experienced collector got burned then how is a novice suppose to keep from getting burned. It's really sad that greed is replacing fun in this hobby

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
This is the way it should happen! Glad that the seller was open and honest with everyone and pulled the auctions!
We all have to be vigilant about these fake signs to protect out investment in this hobby and its wonderful when a seller is receptive enough to realize his mistake and pull the auctions from the collectibles marketplace! This will only generate trust for your business--thank you Mantiquers!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
Most all of his so called neon signs are signs that he drilled and added neon...

Cities service, Vickers, Gas and Auto neons, next exit/ ahead signs and now I'm getting into globes....

AKA PARIS HILTON!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved