Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#450591 Wed Jul 24 2013 05:37 PM
H
hvychev Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Up for your consideration is this VERY cool Drink Kool Aid, First in Flavor sign! I got this sign from a man that pulled several of them off of a barn in Northern Wisconsin in the early 1970s. (I even have a vintage picture of the barn with some of the signs on it!). The sign is large measuring about 32" X 59". It's not in the best condition, there is some rust, bends, etc., but I have not seen another quite like it. Would make an awesome barn hanger! Priced to sell at $350.00. Here's one issue though. I REALLY do NOT want to ship this sign as it is big and would be expensive to ship and a pain in the add to pack. I would rather sell it to someone in the Chicago area where we can do a local pick up. Any interest please call Frank at 708-257-8539

Last edited by hvychev; Wed Jul 24 2013 06:53 PM.
H
hvychev Offline OP
OP Offline
H
I might consider shipping. Interested party would have to call me to discuss.

H
hvychev Offline OP
OP Offline
H
How about $250 plus actual cost shipping?

how bout a pic of the signs
on the barn

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: hvychev
I have not seen another quite like it. Would make an awesome barn hanger! Priced to sell at $350.00. Here's one issue though. I REALLY do NOT want to ship this sign as it is big and would be expensive to ship and a pain in the add to pack.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1940s-Drink-Kool...h-/141023347582

....?

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
H
hvychev Offline OP
OP Offline
H
? what?

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Mark, it's not the same sign.... Looks to be the same location tho...?

Looking for any cans! PM me what ya got!
H
hvychev Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Guys, here is the way I sell stuff. When I get a cool item that relates to the interest on this site I list it here FIRST. I have found the members of this site to be very cool and willing to buy a good piece of merchandise when presented with it. As a result members have bought a lot of GOOD stuff from me at VERY reasonable prices. I'm not looking to gouge anyone or sell junk. I package my stuff well and ship it out immediately upon receiving payment. So far everyone's been happy.

With that said, I listed the sign on this site FIRST, almost 18 hours before I listed the other on e-bay. (yes the sign on e-bay is a DIFFERENT sign). After I reduced the price here to $250 I also listed the one that I posted HERE on craigslist and I have a guy coming over in an hour and a half to buy it. I have not posted the result yet because it's not gone yet. The sign I posted on e-bay is a DIFFERENT sign and one that I was going to keep for myself, as it is in slightly better condition. In the past few hours it's been listed I have had 100 looks and 20 watchers. It's different so, we'll see what happens. I would rather sell an item off of e-bay. I would let the better sign I have listed on ebay go to anyone here for $200.00 + shipping if there is any interest. When I initially posted the sign at $350.00 I figured there would be more interest since I have never seen one. the condition and size must have limited the buyers. I hope that answers any questions.

Last edited by hvychev; Thu Jul 25 2013 03:16 PM.
H
hvychev Offline OP
OP Offline
H
I will also add that 75% of the stuff I list here sells almost immediately. That means two things to me. They are cool pieces and most importantly are priced fairly.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Cool sign!
I picked one up couple months ago from the same guy.
Also a smaller vertical w/botltle that says 5 cents.

Is the sign still available that you put on ebay?

H
hvychev Offline OP
OP Offline
H
The sign that is in this ad has been sold picked up and paid for via Craigslist.

Carl, I ended the e-bay auction on the other because I just got a shipping quote for someone from e-bay that was interested and to ship from Chicago to Ohio was $120.00. I thought that was way to expensive to mess with on e-bay. They also would fee the hell out of me. I would be paying a $12 frickin e-bay fee plus pay pal fees to just ship the damn thing. That's not even counting fee bay's "final value" fee. Not worth it to e-bay. I do still have the sign in the e-bay ad for sale though.

Last edited by hvychev; Thu Jul 25 2013 05:48 PM.
H
hvychev Offline OP
OP Offline
H
$200.00 plus actual cost shipping to buyer.

Ouch! Wish I lived close enough to arrange a pick up as this sign is ON the "hard to find" list.

H
hvychev Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Someone local buy this thing, it's cool! Would be a great "barn hanger." Call me at 708-257-8539 with interest.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved