Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
Well here she is, my first of many to come neon spinners. I'll post closer up pics later, but the things coated in grease from being above the stove. It has advertising that has been spray painted over. Any ideas how to safely remove it? With the color scheme this clock has going I'm hoping and praying its a Chevrolet clock. Any ideas appreciated. Enjoy! And yes it keeps time and spins!

M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
onl rare art restoration experts can remove paint on top of paint, if the graphics are painted over and they are paint themselves, you will remove all the graphics wih paint removal, except painted over porcelain signs.

What removes one, removes the other

T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll be latex paint. Then maybe I can carefully remove it. I really want to see what's under it, but I'm content with it as-is if I can't do anything

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Cool clock,but not a spinner.its a "hesitator" not the same effect as a spinner,but still cool and desirable clocks. Can you see any lettering under the paint?post a pic of the whole clock.

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
Mick I can't edit the post due to restrictions but if you want I can text or email pics to you. The advertising was for Sunshine milk cream or something like that. I found a picture of one on google. And yes it is a hesitator, that makes sense since the glass said swihart #60 hesitator smile

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
could the paint be on the front and the glass is reverse painted.Brought home a clock and cleaned red paint off front and it still had coca cola on back .

Remember you are only as good as your help
If you don't make any noise no one will hear you!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Not on that clock.metal face,neon lights it from the outside,behind the yellow glass.

Last edited by oldnfuelish; Fri Mar 08 2013 04:53 PM.

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
Here's a YouTube vid, its not HD but oh well.
http://youtu.be/xpZWMZlT9_U

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sure,send me an email or pm for phone #

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Other than being a tater that hesitates (Bob's joke) what is a hesitator? How is it different from a spinner?

I ain't afriad to ask dumb questions, or misspell easy words! grin

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Mick's Spinner is really an illusion wheel clock which gives the impression that it's going back and for.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved