Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#335728 Sat Jun 23 2012 07:40 AM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
E bay 370625372116 This sign looks off to me. Right down to the missing porcelain where it says "Made...... what do you old gassers think?

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
I've never heard of a sign that was marked with "made in ......", most just have the sign company and city and date. I looked at it earlier when it was first listed and thought it was too good to be true as well, even though the shelving is good

L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Someone felt it was the real deal,sold for 1500.00. Makes you wonder with the made in ------ missing.

MADE IN INDIA -I hope not for buyer sake.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Made in "chip" lol thats what the ... meant
convienient spot for a chip

K
K
That is my sign and I guarantee that it's old! In matter of fact I remember buying it and phillips66 was the bidder I out bid. You know bringing up things that you don't know about is BS! If you want to ask questions do so on ebay for all to see!

A
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A
I noted the rust around all the chipping and no rust around the area that reads "made in". Looks like it was ground off.

L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
I think this is good place for bringing up BS as you refer to it. Thought it was oldgasers and hoped you would chime in.
Yes I know little about this sign other than it probably wasn't made in US as bridgestone didn't entertain doing business in the US as far as having factories and retail stores till the late 70s -early 80s. I don't think everyones concern was rather it was old or not. But rather it was the real deal.It can be old and still not be real. If you feel concerns has caused you displeasure,well I hate I made you feel bad.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Quote:
If you want to ask questions do so on eBay for all to see!

NOT ALL questions asked of sellers are posted on ebay, only IF Seller decides/thinks it will help their sale will they be posted.

Some members here might remember when I bashed an ebay seller W/O knowing they are/were a member here [like I was supposed to know he Changed Towns & his ebay ID!].

It's bound to happen when seller uses a different name for ebay & this site.

K
K
Originally Posted By: Loyd Pierce
I think this is good place for bringing up BS as you refer to it. Thought it was oldgasers and hoped you would chime in.
Yes I know little about this sign other than it probably wasn't made in US as bridgestone didn't entertain doing business in the US as far as having factories and retail stores till the late 70s -early 80s. I don't think everyones concern was rather it was old or not. But rather it was the real deal.It can be old and still not be real. If you feel concerns has caused you displeasure,well I hate I made you feel bad.

No, what any of you should have done is looked at all of the other signs I currently have for sale which are real! And my feedback profile should be looked at as it's 100% positive. Also if the sign was made in India there would be text on the sign that you can't read. Go to ebay and look up bridgestone signs and you will see ones being sold from someone in India and it has non english text on them which mine doesn't.

As for your comment about the post was made with old timers figuring that I would chime in is just plain wrong. You guys didn't chime in waiting for an answer from me you guys made the accusations that it wasn't real and joking around saying the made in was probably made in India, Made in Chip. Real profesional on your guys part.

As for the comment that one posted that they never seen a sign that said made in take a look at the double sided Texaco sign I have listed which states made in the usa and E-11-38 for the year. So that mythg is debunked right there!

As for me stating the post was BS! I still stick to what I meant by it. I noticed that they guys complaining have been here 6 months and 1 year with the acception of 1 being here 3 years. I believe that I've been here since 2004. The bottom line is I don't sell fake or reproduction signs!

K
K
Originally Posted By: Dick Bennett
Quote:
If you want to ask questions do so on eBay for all to see!

NOT ALL questions asked of sellers are posted on ebay, only IF Seller decides/thinks it will help their sale will they be posted.

Some members here might remember when I bashed an ebay seller W/O knowing they are/were a member here [like I was supposed to know he Changed Towns & his ebay ID!].

It's bound to happen when seller uses a different name for ebay & this site.

I'm well aware of questions being asked on ebay and not having to reveal them to others. However, I would as I have nothing to worry about as the sign is real!

As for you bashing a member on ebay that had changed their name on ebay that didn't match their username on here. Does that mean that If you knew they were a member here you wouldn't have questioned them?

L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
I skipped out on drama class-you win!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Don't know the seller or the sign but its not fair to call him out on a fake unless you know its fake. This hurts the hobby just as much as real fake does. I think the seller put his money where his mouth is. I would like to see you all do the same.

Scott Wright
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: KOSOM
Does that mean that If you knew they were a member here you wouldn't have questioned them?

I have been told to leave some of the Cry Babies here out of my postings.

Nice to hear that you've changed your scruples, Scott.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
By looking at sellers other items/completed items is no guarantee that all their items are original.

Questions were being ASKED about it being real & what Others Thought.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved