Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
DP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Maybe have a list called "honest individuals". Of course, we would all know the secret code for scammers was "honest individuals".

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Bruce Haddle?,FYI.... thegamechallenger is selling fake signs & will not respond messages & loveclassics i suspect to be affiliated with bruce h.

Just reading your post...i.m.o..i would "steer clear" from this seller!

CHRIS
BUYING ANYTHING EARLY HUMBLE OIL CO.
BUY SELL TRADE ORIGINAL GAS PUMP PARTS
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A few years back I bought out a company that was a bulk dealer for over 80 years. In the deal were boxes of NOS Mobil shields (over 90), Texaco pump signs (25 or so) and Ethyl pump signs just to name a few. During the time I was selling the bulk of these signs I had several people accuse me of selling Repops. One guys rational was "nobody could possibly have that many NOS shields". I have been selling some of the remaining Ethyl pump signs I forgot I had, recently on Ebay. I sold one and the customer asked to return it because "his friend" told him it was a repop. I personally unwrapped these from the shipping cardboard and the newspaper packing that was dated 1952.
My point is, there are some real thieves out there passing off junk and garbage. but unless someone knows 110% that a person is selling repops or fakes, they should just offer an opinion. Listing peoples names without 100% proof, and just an opinion could lead to some serious problems for the poster. That is JUST MY OPINION>

Email :john@barnquiltshop.com

"The Fun Is In The Hunt"
Web site: www.barquiltshop.com/
W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
WOW< WOW< WOW,,,,do I ever agree with that statement,, well said.

Wes.......
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Judge Judy..

RANDY
D
D
In my humble opinion I also STRONGLY believe e-bay seller service_station is selling 1954 repo Standand Oil Signs. I asked him point blank and he has now blocked me from bidding on his items. I called and had a lengthly discussion with e-bay asking them to look into this seller.E-bay does not have a option for reporting this kind of activity in their drop down menu. They told me that buyers should call them for cases like these when we have concerns.
I also was able to connect to several of his past customers and they suspect the same,1 buyer said the other originals he has seemed to have a metal finished back instead of porcelian on the back.
Sellers that are selling repo's as originals are ruining our hobby and investments!
The comment that we need 110% proof from a eariler poster is a joke to me...The seller needs to convince me that it is an original! Showing the back of the sign is a must for one!
If you look at vics66.com web-site you will see that the repo's are dated 1954.
One Needs to be very careful when bidding on this sign.Personally I would stay away from the year 1954 altogether.

M
M
We bought a sign guaranteed to be old. Hard to tell by pics. You didn't have to be a genius to tell it was a fake when it arrived. It wasn't cheap but was guaranteed to be old and said pics were just bad. When I tried to get something done about it, because Ebay protects you and so does PayPal, I suddenly became the victim. The seller accused me of taking his good sign and replacing it with a repop and then trying to get my money back. He opened a dispute console on me and I couldn't even leave him bad feedback. I won't mention the name because it has already been mentioned on Old Gas. Thanks Old Gas for trying to make us a little more knowledgeable about people selling fakes for the Real McCoy.

Life Is Good!
E
E
What state did it come out of?........just curious?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Mike&Deb: What was the final outcome? Were you able to get your money back? It has been my experience (as a buyer) with e-Bay and Paypal that they usually favor the buyer.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
J
Jamie P Online Content OP
Veteran Member
OP Online Content
Veteran Member
J
Why won't you mention the name of the seller?

E
E
Or even state?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Dick Bennett
Along w/ A FEW from N.C. & Georgia. I'm sure that every state has a few Bad Apples.

I have to agree with Dick here as I know one in Iowa too................ Ed Shaver

see ya on the road folks !
D
D
update from another buyer of this sellers signs:
e-mail sent to me was as follows:
"This guy also sells on eBay under user ID- superflex_moonbeam
He's a real thief.He refunded my money back and admitted to Paypal and me that it was a reproduction just like alot of other signs he sells,the Red Crown,the White Crown,The Sinclair Gasoline,etc... check his auctions and his feedback and you'll see.He sells another NOS sign every week,they are all repro's!"
His current user name is service_station

J
Jamie P Online Content OP
Veteran Member
OP Online Content
Veteran Member
J
How long after you bought the sign did you ask for a refund? Did you know right away that it was a repro? I too bought one of his signs and as time went along I noticed the seller selling the same signs over and over. That was about 4 months ago so my guess it would be too late to get a refund.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
If everyone is interested in putting an end to superflex_moonbeam's blatantly dishonest business tactics, then I can propose a solution. It would require a concerted effort on the part of about 10-15 e-Bayers/oldgassers. They all make a purchase and then file a complaint for item received-not as listed. Then everyone gets their money back and leaves the appropriate feedback. 15 negatives feedbacks and the time and effort and money that e-Bay would have to invest in the refunds & investigations will result in precise and swift action to be taken. I can guarantee that. Not to mention the fact that this will surely reveal superflex_moonbeam as a e-Bayer who continiously and knowingly sells reproductions as originals.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved