Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Ken Johnson, has replied to my request, about the "Garage Sale". He was kind enough to reply with the following message...

"I am not going to bother going into the reasons why this is being done in lieu of an auction. Gary had a great bunch of friends and they are looking out for his collection and the best interest of his widow. We had a great turnout and response today and I beleive that are thrilled with the results. All total, there are almost a thousand items, from toys, signs, oil cans, etc. not counting books and literature. Most of the toys had not seen the light of day in many years and had to be cleaned. It was quite a sight to see everything in one place."

This was followed by a second message as follows...

"I beleive that the sale was a success. People were lined up outside the building well before the doors opened at 9:00 and when the opened, the hoard commenced upon the collection (25 at a time at least, until they thinned out enough to let more in). There were over 977 item, not counting some unlisted books, magazines and literature. The are just over 300 items remaining. On Sunday afternoon, some negotiating was taking place, but for the most part the prices that were asked were gotten. As for the pricing information that was received, there is another side to that story, and as far as I know it was only related to the signs. I could email you a list of the description and pricing if you want. Just need an email address. The goal of all of this was to give Gary's widow the biggest return possible on his collection and alot of his friends from Truck Clubs, Cat Clubs, etc. were there to pick up piece of two along with other collectors and dealers. If the guy who was barking the loudest about the pricing was there or not, he never made himself known.

It does make me think about the collection my father and I have. Between trucks, tractors and old construction equipment, we have well over 80 pieces."

I would like to thank Ken for inviting us to his friends Garage Sale, and for passing on the information about its success...

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'm glad it turned out good for the family, I was involved in the same type of situation lately and I and a few others had only my friends widows interest in mind and feel we did the best to get her the most we could. Nothing but her mattered at the time. Thanks Thunder for the sale info.

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
L
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
L
please email me the list and prices jhbruce4@cox.net thanks.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: likeitall
please email me the list and prices jhbruce4@cox.net thanks.

No additional info was given. More importantly... None was asked for.

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....

Link Copied to Clipboard

Support the expenses of Oldgas.com. Thanks!

Copyright © 2024 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved